Details Of 100 Million Facebook Users Published Online

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Those of you who use Facebook might wish to read the story at the link below. I wonder just how many members use facebook and what are the advantages to using it? The reason I ask is that many people have asked me to join and have tried to connect with me via Facebook and other social sites but I do not bother with any of them, yet I think I signed up with one or two a while back. Details of 100 million Facebook users published online

No name
Posted
Posted
Those of you who use Facebook might wish to read the story at the link below. I wonder just how many members use facebook and what are the advantages to using it? The reason I ask is that many people have asked me to join and have tried to connect with me via Facebook and other social sites but I do not bother with any of them, yet I think I signed up with one or two a while back. Details of 100 million Facebook users published online
Hello Lee, I use Facebook but not a huge amount. Now I do post links to my websites on Facebook and some of my friends come to the site. But that was just an afterthought I signed up to see what it was. Then I started finding a lot of long lost friends and some enemies that are now friends. Its a social site that's what it is for. Some use it to make money but it is really best use for fun. Twitter is different, that one is great for getting traffic to your site. But only if you spend some time on it and get a lot of followers. Like most things on the net it takes time for most of us to build things up.I don't spend much time on either of them. Though I do enjoy finding friends from high school.

No name
Posted
Posted
Those of you who use Facebook might wish to read the story at the link below. I wonder just how many members use facebook and what are the advantages to using it? The reason I ask is that many people have asked me to join and have tried to connect with me via Facebook and other social sites but I do not bother with any of them, yet I think I signed up with one or two a while back. Details of 100 million Facebook users published online
Hello Lee, I use Facebook but not a huge amount. Now I do post links to my websites on Facebook and some of my friends come to the site. But that was just an afterthought I signed up to see what it was. Then I started finding a lot of long lost friends and some enemies that are now friends. Its a social site that's what it is for. Some use it to make money but it is really best use for fun. Twitter is different, that one is great for getting traffic to your site. But only if you spend some time on it and get a lot of followers. Like most things on the net it takes time for most of us to build things up.I don't spend much time on either of them. Though I do enjoy finding friends from high school.
PS a webmaster should have a FB account there are tools that can be added to many sites that make it easy for others to share what they find on your site. Also firefox and Chrome have add in tools that allow you to easily add your post to your Facebook account. It can go viral if its really special, because it will show up on your friends friends pages and then spread out in a geometric relationship.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the info Rusty, I guess if one does not put in too much information then they cannot get too badly hurt by having an account but what I always worried about was the linking to other friends who might fill in the blanks on the missing info on my site, such as by adding photos that I might prefer were not online etc.  I sure would not like some of my old girlfriends to find little old me.   SugarwareZ-004.gif   Who knows I might even have a few little Mr. Lee's running around somewhere.      SugarwareZ-007.gif Perish the thought of a clone of mine out there anywhere, this world could not handle two of me.  SugarwareZ-005.gif  I think I will stay in the stone age and keep off those sites but I guess for people who wish to be social or are owners of a forum or blog then it might be a great tool.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the info Rusty, I guess if one does not put in too much information then they cannot get too badly hurt by having an account but what I always worried about was the linking to other friends who might fill in the blanks on the missing info on my site, such as by adding photos that I might prefer were not online etc. I sure would not like some of my old girlfriends to find little old me. SugarwareZ-004.gif Who knows I might even have a few little Mr. Lee's running around somewhere. SugarwareZ-007.gif Perish the thought of a clone of mine out there anywhere, this world could not handle two of me. SugarwareZ-005.gif I think I will stay in the stone age and keep off those sites but I guess for people who wish to be social or are owners of a forum or blog then it might be a great tool.
You could be right Lee,to much info on facebook can cause lots of problems,,,,,,, :565:Woman discovers husband's wedding on FacebookA woman in the US discovered her husband's secret second life on Facebook, including photos of his marriage to his other wife."Megan", who does not want to be identified, told NBC News she didn’t suspect her husband of an affair until the evidence was on her computer screen.Her relatives reportedly pointed her to the other woman's Facebook page where Megan discovered multiple photos of her husband and the woman together.After a few weeks of tracking the account, Megan noticed dozens of wedding photos show up on the social media site."I'm in a living nightmare, and I just feel like this isn't real, and I have to remind myself that it is real. It is happening," Megan said to NBC.Megan and her husband, who have two young children together, had their own wedding in Italy just five years ago.Her husband had met the other woman in Florida, leading an involved double life – even introducing the second wife to his children."It's disturbing to see my husband and my children essentially in a double life with another woman."Megan said she first became suspicious when her husband claimed to have been in China yet he had not taken his passport."To eventually learn on Facebook that her husband not only had another lover but now a second wife was devastating," Megan said."If they're going to have the affair, they're going to have the affair," she said."But it's extra. It adds impact to the hurt, when they're posting the things they post about the affair. Pictures of the vacations they're taking with the other, the lover, the extra person. Facebook posts just cause a whole new hurt."Megan will use the Facebook photos, posts and other information as evidence as she begins divorce proceedings against her husband.An attorney for Megan's husband refutes his marriage to her wasn't legal due to marriage papers being filed incorrectly initially.http://au.news.yahoo...ng-on-facebook/