Silver Dollar

manabouttown
Posted
Posted

I hope its OK to post this here.I have a friend that works as a barmaid (only) at the Silver Dollar,she tells me the aircon is back on now as the owner has bought a bigger generator. The bar is still not connect to the mains power since the fire due to a dispute with the power company and the building owner.Just thought I would pass that on for those who enjoyed the bar but missed the aircon.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Just ask the Brit who used to own El Gecko about power problems. He basically needs to get out of the SD and cut his losses. When the big boys want you out, it takes a heap of clout and cash to ward them off. Good luck!!!

manabouttown
Posted
Posted (edited)
Just ask the Brit who used to own El Gecko about power problems. He basically needs to get out of the SD and cut his losses. When the big boys want you out, it takes a heap of clout and cash to ward them off. Good luck!!!
Hello Bob,not sure what your talking about but perhaps you know something more than i do. My understanding was the power company is disputing the position of the placement of the powerboard. This would be a dispute between the landlord and the power company not the business owner.what big boys?why would anyone want him out? Edited by manabouttown

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Just a thought! Not being serious!

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Thing is he is probably better sitting between the power company and the building owner as "neither of them" will be in a rush it doesn't affect them. Had problems here with electrics just easier to get it done yourself and no doubt it could be resolved with getting people to actually talk to each other.. arrogance and controlling things here seems to go a long way to making life difficult..

• 1 year later...
Ungoy66
Posted
Posted

Hmmm maybe this is the story about the brown outs...heheheheIf you dont pay the right bribes you dont get 100% power....Silver dollar what a place had some really nice times there...