Baguio police chief replaced over sex case

News Reader
Posted
Posted

Philippine National Police officials replaced the Baguio police director, who has been on leave for three months after being sued by another police officer for sexual harassment.View the full article

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Philippine National Police officials replaced the Baguio police director, who has been on leave for three months after being sued by another police officer for sexual harassment.View the full article
Dang... I didn't realize the RP was such a litigious societySugarwareZ-267.gif ... and that "sexual harassment" SugarwareZ-225.gif was a recognized basis for a civil suit3_12_31[1].gif . I guess I better start greasing the right palms in an effort to get RP reciprocity for my US license.cheers.gif ... Then I can hang around the bars, sign up all the "ladies." and sue half the expats in the RP (myself, present company and members of this Forum excluded, of course). In the event of a nice settlement551.gif, I'm sure my clients will be most appreciative and can persuade me to reduce my fee -kiss.gif. Wow... for some reason, this just does not sound as boring as working in the U.S. Tom in Texas

Jake
Posted
Posted
Dang... I didn't realize the RP was such a litigious societySugarwareZ-267.gif ... and that "sexual harassment" SugarwareZ-225.gif was a recognized basis for a civil suit3_12_31[1].gif . I guess I better start greasing the right palms in an effort to get RP reciprocity for my US license.cheers.gif ... Then I can hang around the bars, sign up all the "ladies." and sue half the expats in the RP (myself, present company and members of this Forum excluded, of course). In the event of a nice settlement551.gif, I'm sure my clients will be most appreciative and can persuade me to reduce my fee -kiss.gif. Wow... for some reason, this just does not sound as boring as working in the U.S. Tom in Texas
Hello Counsel, My Filipino background forced me to look up a few words in your above post. Litigators cancertainly talk the talk but only a few can walk the walk, such as yourself. Especially whenyou make sexual innuendos about greasing my palm. Again, with my Filipino background, I could easily reciprocate by greasing your palm as well. You know, litigator and masturbater working as one.And finally, I tried to pronounce "litigious" but it came out as a Filipino lizard with a long and nasty tongue. That should be a prerequisite in becoming a lawyer, don't you think?DOM forever -- Jake

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Dang... I didn't realize the RP was such a litigious societySugarwareZ-267.gif ... and that "sexual harassment" SugarwareZ-225.gif was a recognized basis for a civil suit3_12_31[1].gif . I guess I better start greasing the right palms in an effort to get RP reciprocity for my US license.cheers.gif ...
... sexual innuendos about greasing my palm... ... I tried to pronounce "litigious" but it came out as a Filipino lizard with a long and nasty tongue. That should be a prerequisite in becoming a lawyer, don't you think?
Hi Jake... YIKES -- the Phil-Am language barrier may land me in hot water. I know you're probably kidding.......... but just in case - "grease the palm" is a common American term for "bribe." Where can I get a pic of that lizard? I want to have it embossed on my new RP business cards.And "yes," it is a prerequisite... all hopeful new law school applicants are inspected to insure that they have a quick and forked tongue. Those who do not are summarily denied admission to law school and required to choose between the joining the priesthood or enlisting in the military, where after adequate training, they may reapply to law school for re-inspection.SugarwareZ-007.gif3_12_31[1].gif2245_safe.gifTom in Texas

Jake
Posted
Posted
Dang... I didn't realize the RP was such a litigious societySugarwareZ-267.gif ... and that "sexual harassment" SugarwareZ-225.gif was a recognized basis for a civil suit3_12_31[1].gif . I guess I better start greasing the right palms in an effort to get RP reciprocity for my US license.cheers.gif ...
... sexual innuendos about greasing my palm... ... I tried to pronounce "litigious" but it came out as a Filipino lizard with a long and nasty tongue. That should be a prerequisite in becoming a lawyer, don't you think?
Hi Jake... YIKES -- the Phil-Am language barrier may land me in hot water. I know you're probably kidding.......... but just in case - "grease the palm" is a common American term for "bribe." Where can I get a pic of that lizard? I want to have it embossed on my new RP business cards.And "yes," it is a prerequisite... all hopeful new law school applicants are inspected to insure that they have a quick and forked tongue. Those who do not are summarily denied admission to law school and required to choose between the joining the priesthood or enlisting in the military, where after adequate training, they may reapply to law school for re-inspection.SugarwareZ-007.gif3_12_31[1].gif2245_safe.gifTom in Texas
Yep, I was just kidding about the grease. It was my way to play on words and maybeget some humor out of it. As you may know Counsel, the term in the Philippines "underthe table" produces the same results. Although I would still prefer greasing my palmhidden beneath the table. It's much more sensual he, he.....At any rate, there has been no follow up reports regarding that police chief. Gut instincttells me that the female subordinate, against all odds is willing to testify against her ownboss because I believe the incident(s) actually did occur. She has more balls than her male counterparts. Respectfully -- Jake