South-Western Half Of U.s.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted

After 30+ years of flying over most of the US and seeing none of it36_1_50[1].gif... now being "semi-voluntarily, semi-retired" with time on my handscool_beans.gif... my wife and I decided to take an extended road tripwosautos121.gif.From Dallas, Tx we drove West through NM and AZ into Southern CA... up the Pacific Coast to Northern CA... then East through NV, UT, WY and CO back to big D.Mostly overnight stopsbedtime2.gif, but spent a couple of days in Santa Fe, Sedona, Lake Havasu(118 degrees36_1_47[1].gif), Palm Springs, Reno, Jackson and Vail... and a week on the beach in Santa Cruz... (everybody in town seemed to have a surf board7_3_205[1].gif).Four thousand milesauto_wos2.gif, five weeks, a dozen hotel rooms17403.gif, lots of fast food SugarwareZ-065.gifand a lifetime of unbelievable scenery... and we are right back where we started... it was great. Wow... maybe after a few days rest we should head for the East Coast.th_need_vac.gifTom in Texas

Jake
Posted
Posted
After 30+ years of flying over most of the US and seeing none of it36_1_50[1].gif... now being "semi-voluntarily, semi-retired" with time on my handscool_beans.gif... my wife and I decided to take an extended road tripwosautos121.gif.From Dallas, Tx we drove West through NM and AZ into Southern CA... up the Pacific Coast to Northern CA... then East through NV, UT, WY and CO back to big D.Mostly overnight stopsbedtime2.gif, but spent a couple of days in Santa Fe, Sedona, Lake Havasu(118 degrees36_1_47[1].gif), Palm Springs, Reno, Jackson and Vail... and a week on the beach in Santa Cruz... (everybody in town seemed to have a surf board7_3_205[1].gif).Four thousand milesauto_wos2.gif, five weeks, a dozen hotel rooms17403.gif, lots of fast food SugarwareZ-065.gifand a lifetime of unbelievable scenery... and we are right back where we started... it was great. Wow... maybe after a few days rest we should head for the East Coast.th_need_vac.gifTom in Texas
Well -- hello my friend,Excellent road trip! Many parts of USA are quite beautiful. The skimpy bikinis on the beach, the fresh mountain drive and scenic openness of the desert. I could remember the after midnightdrive to Las Vegas with my wife Judy. Almost lost control of the wheel when she became a littletoo playful he, he. I'm glad that you and Bing arrived safely back to DFW. Maybe you could post some photos ofyour wonderful trip. Just remember it must be PG rated, don't want to induce any heart attacksfor us DOM's.Respectfully -- Jake

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Well -- hello my friend,I'm glad that you and Bing arrived safely back to DFW. Maybe you could post some photos ofyour wonderful trip... Respectfully -- Jake
Hi Jake,I've got an iphone full... I'll edit em down to a few keepers and post em. I've not posted pics on this site before. I assume photobucket will work... If not, I'll holler for help.I've missed the gang... but I decided to go "computer free" during the trip. You and Judy be safe.Tom in Texas

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Hi Tom,Glad to know you and Bing are enjoying your semi-voluntarily, semi-retired status in Big D! Yeah, road trips are fun and enjoyable! My brother just bought a nice big Dodge van and we plan to take a road trip to Vancouver, Canada, weather permitting when we get to California next month or just spend some quality time at a lake and do some fishing. Take care!

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Hi Tom,Glad to know you and Bing are enjoying your semi-voluntarily, semi-retired status in Big D! Yeah, road trips are fun and enjoyable! My brother just bought a nice big Dodge van and we plan to take a road trip to Vancouver, Canada, weather permitting when we get to California next month or just spend some quality time at a lake and do some fishing. Take care!
Hello Art,Good to hear from you. Driving the Pacific Coast up to Vancouver sounds fantastic... If you take the ferry from Seattle to Vancouver, that is an adventure in itself. I know you and your brother will have a great time.If you have the time, I recommend the drive on Trans-Canada Hwy 1 from Vancouver to Lake Louise in Banff Nat'l Park - it is spectacular. My kids (then teens) and I made the drive about fifteen years ago and they still talk about it.Hope you and your wife have a long, enjoyable and safe trip.Your Friend, Tom in Texas