Philippine Stray Dogs Killed With Fumes

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't agree with the PAWS people,by gassing them it would be painless as they would fall into sleep and never wake.Cheap and effective. :th_need_vac:Philippine stray dogs killed with fumes Dog pounds in the Philippines are being allowed to kill stray dogs with vehicle exhaust fumes, local animal welfare groups said on Friday, a practice they claim is cruel and inhumane. The Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) and two other groups called for the government to reverse an agricultural department ruling in June that approved the gassing method to kill dogs. "If we need to put a dog to death because he cannot be cared for, the least we can do is send him off as painlessly and as humanely as possible," PAWS program director Anna Cabrera said.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I don't agree with the PAWS people,by gassing them it would be painless as they would fall into sleep and never wake.Cheap and effective. :th_need_vac:Philippine stray dogs killed with fumes Dog pounds in the Philippines are being allowed to kill stray dogs with vehicle exhaust fumes, local animal welfare groups said on Friday, a practice they claim is cruel and inhumane. The Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) and two other groups called for the government to reverse an agricultural department ruling in June that approved the gassing method to kill dogs. "If we need to put a dog to death because he cannot be cared for, the least we can do is send him off as painlessly and as humanely as possible," PAWS program director Anna Cabrera said.
I read that whole article a few days ago and while I agree that fumes would not be cruel, putting them all cramped into a small box and then putting in the exhaust fumes which are also hot, is cruel IMO and it would not be as bad if in a larger room where only the fumes would be the issue. Put your hand in front of an exhaust pipe and hold it there for a few minutes and you can see what I mean, so if that was close to the dogs as in a small box, then they would feel a lot of pain first before going to sleep. It is my opinion that the gas is not the problem but the way it is administered.