Rebtel Inexpensive International Calls

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Has anyone used THIS service and how did it work out? Seems that they have fairly inexpensive calls from the US to the Philippines, so anyone know if there are any catches? Rebtel

slim
Posted
Posted (edited)
Has anyone used THIS service and how did it work out? Seems that they have fairly inexpensive calls from the US to the Philippines, so anyone know if there are any catches? Rebtel
Mr. Lee  we used Rebtel for about a year and had no problems what so ever, I know it saved us  a lot of money over the years time and never had a problem with them billing our credit card or anything.  I'm pretty much old fashioned and don't like giving out c c numbers, but no problem ! Highly recommend it!! Edited by Mr. Lee
combine posts

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Has anyone used THIS service and how did it work out? Seems that they have fairly inexpensive calls from the US to the Philippines, so anyone know if there are any catches? Rebtel
Mr. Lee  we used Rebtel for about a year and had no problems what so ever, I know it saved us  a lot of money over the years time and never had a problem with them billing our credit card or anything.  I'm pretty much old fashioned and don't like giving out c c numbers, but no problem ! Highly recommend it!!
Thank you slim, you opinion is greatly appreciated.  :cheersty:  Right now we are using my Magic Jack and it costs much more to make long distance calls to the Philippines while we are in the US so I am always looking for ways to cut the cost, and especially because my income has taken a huge hit over the last few years. I will sure be happy to start getting those social security payments deposited my our accounts soon. :yes:  Anyone else use it and have any good or bad comments as well? 

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Pretty good Rebtel rates, but I already use Skype and am satisfied with them. Anyway, we don't make that many international calls every month. Skype's PC to PC calling is free and has a web cam feature that works pretty good and regular calls to landlines in the U.S. averages out to around a $1.20 per hour call and 1-800 toll numbers are free. Our PLDT service charges us for 1-800 toll free numbers outside of the Philippines! So, we hardly ever use our PLDT landline at home except for local calls only!

f3dragonjedi
Posted
Posted

I just started using Rebtel about 1 month ago and am very happy with the service so far. Calls to Machie's mobile phone whether she is home in the province, or in Cebu or in Manila are much clearer than they were using Startec. No issues with credit card billing. For anyone interested in "trying", I believe you can sign up, not pay anything and get 1 free phone call (no more than about 5 minutes duration).Definitely recommend.

• 6 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

I havent used this service but what has worked for me is a CALLBACK SERVICE , you ring/call a number in the USA, it calls you back at the number you designated, its billed to your CC. have used this service for over 7yrs, very good, even have a 800 thats for my bank or credit card if they need to call( rates to cellphone is few cents more per minute than landline). 2. you can use a PLDT budget card 200php for the card, 2p (not sure) per minute. also smart has a card thats re loadable which you can use from cell phone.

Edited by ed villas

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

We hardly ever use our land line at home unless we receive, make local calls or cellphones to make calls ever since we got Magic Jack to call the U.S. and Canada for free and we also have the free Skype Net Phone with webcam feature with international calling at pennies to the dollar per minute! It;s great! Works for us and there's no contract or monthly billing!

Steve
Posted
Posted

We switched from Tel3Advantage to Rebtel quite a while ago. (I didn't like the Tel3 affiliate program to begin with as well, another reason I moved). The quality of Rebtel is great and a lot cheaper than other services. Once you add a phone number to the system, it'll give you as close to a local (US) number as possible. Then you dial the US number and you are connected to the Philippine or whatever country you want to dial. You add authorized phone numbers to call from, be it your house, cell, etc. If you try to dial from a non-authorized number, you have to use a pin.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We switched from Tel3Advantage to Rebtel quite a while ago. (I didn't like the Tel3 affiliate program to begin with as well, another reason I moved). The quality of Rebtel is great and a lot cheaper than other services. Once you add a phone number to the system, it'll give you as close to a local (US) number as possible. Then you dial the US number and you are connected to the Philippine or whatever country you want to dial. You add authorized phone numbers to call from, be it your house, cell, etc. If you try to dial from a non-authorized number, you have to use a pin.
Thanks Steve, your input is greatly appreciated and I am sorry I did not reply sooner because I got sidetracked with all our company visiting here.

• 11 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

any new updates on this service?Positive? Negative ?