To Post Or Not To Post, That Is The Question :)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Below is a quote from Uzi that I wanted to expand on but not take the other topic off topic to do it.

As for posting on Forums, well I for one am bored of seeing the same questions over & over and mainly only contribute where I still have something new to offer. TropicalPenpals has done much the same, as other long time residents I know have too. Most active contributions come from those who don't live here IMHO.And as you point out I as well as others have my own POV.Uzi.
Uzi and others, I get bored too but my will to help others exceeds my desire to stop posting, and the more others post, the less I feel that have to.  Read that all, if you are tired or reading this old mans ramblings then post more often.   :DIMO life is about helping others and living by the Golden Rule and we cannot do that by pulling up stakes and running away, so even if it hurts, if a man wishes to help his fellow man, then they will do so, and if a person wishes to be selfish and keep his gained knowledge to himself, then he will do that also. Boring to me is hearing people complain how repetitive forums are and then using forums for their own gain but to not give anything back.  I hope no one takes what I have just written as a personal attack because it is not directed at anyone in particular but we were all newbies once upon a time and we all learned from others who helped us along the way, so IMO it is our turn to help others in return and besides that, if we wish to help the Philippines and its people, then we have to help others who wish to go to the Philippines for the many reasons that they come, since IMO the money they spend and the money that is sent home is what keeps the Philippines alive.

UZI
Posted
Posted
Below is a quote from Uzi that I wanted to expand on but not take the other topic off topic to do it.
As for posting on Forums, well I for one am bored of seeing the same questions over & over and mainly only contribute where I still have something new to offer. TropicalPenpals has done much the same, as other long time residents I know have too. Most active contributions come from those who don't live here IMHO.And as you point out I as well as others have my own POV.Uzi.
Uzi and others, I get bored too but my will to help others exceeds my desire to stop posting, and the more others post, the less I feel that have to. Read that all, if you are tired or reading this old mans ramblings then post more often. :DIMO life is about helping others and living by the Golden Rule and we cannot do that by pulling up stakes and running away, so even if it hurts, if a man wishes to help his fellow man, then they will do so, and if a person wishes to be selfish and keep his gained knowledge to himself, then he will do that also. Boring to me is hearing people complain how repetitive forums are and then using forums for their own gain but to not give anything back. I hope no one takes what I have just written as a personal attack because it is not directed at anyone in particular but we were all newbies once upon a time and we all learned from others who helped us along the way, so IMO it is our turn to help others in return and besides that, if we wish to help the Philippines and its people, then we have to help others who wish to go to the Philippines for the many reasons that they come, since IMO the money they spend and the money that is sent home is what keeps the Philippines alive.
Lee,As I said, I DO still post when I feel I have something to offer that may help even though that sometimes gets me sniped at. I run my own website as you know which is free to use by anybody with NO commercial benefit at all. I don't pay anything for hosting & 150+ people every day, from all over the world read it, without the need to be members. I think in my own small way, I do help as many as I can.Also, I for one am still learning & forums give me other peoples views on life here. Anything new that I learn about, I share. Living in Cebu now means learning some new things too.As I say at the bottom of my messages - "When was the last time, you did something for the 1st time...?"

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

I think the forum could benefit with some "life" stories as this would throw up some extra new posts... As regards what have I done new..lol - Yesterday ate some seafood I haven't tried and crashed my motorcycle in the dark with someone coming up the road in total darkness with no lights on the wrong side of the main road.. and that's just yesterday..haha.I do think things need sprucing a bit though to get the forum moving a bit more. Ill happily start a few new posts this morning to see if they go anywhere..

UZI
Posted
Posted
I think the forum could benefit with some "life" stories as this would throw up some extra new posts... As regards what have I done new..lol - Yesterday ate some seafood I haven't tried and crashed my motorcycle in the dark with someone coming up the road in total darkness with no lights on the wrong side of the main road.. and that's just yesterday..haha.I do think things need sprucing a bit though to get the forum moving a bit more. Ill happily start a few new posts this morning to see if they go anywhere..
2 wheels & 4 wheels....! Yesterday was not your day to be on the road huh :D

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Uzi and others, I get bored too but my will to help others exceeds my desire to stop posting, and the more others post, the less I feel that have to. Read that all, if you are tired or reading this old mans ramblings then post more often. biggrin.gifIMO life is about helping others and living by the Golden Rule and we cannot do that by pulling up stakes and running away, so even if it hurts, if a man wishes to help his fellow man, then they will do so, and if a person wishes to be selfish and keep his gained knowledge to himself, then he will do that also. Boring to me is hearing people complain how repetitive forums are and then using forums for their own gain but to not give anything back. I hope no one takes what I have just written as a personal attack because it is not directed at anyone in particular but we were all newbies once upon a time and we all learned from others who helped us along the way, so IMO it is our turn to help others in return and besides that, if we wish to help the Philippines and its people, then we have to help others who wish to go to the Philippines for the many reasons that they come, since IMO the money they spend and the money that is sent home is what keeps the Philippines alive.
Many of the most interesting and informative contributions on the site are from "those who don't live here", imo.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Life stories would be great.As for sprucing up, what we forget is this is not a big forum as in numbers,we cant make members post. Its a vicious circle,members often don't post so other members get bored and go to other forums which have been around a lot longer and have the usual posters on each day.Now, what was the seafood you ate that was new to you?

UZI
Posted
Posted
Uzi and others, I get bored too but my will to help others exceeds my desire to stop posting, and the more others post, the less I feel that have to. Read that all, if you are tired or reading this old mans ramblings then post more often. biggrin.gifIMO life is about helping others and living by the Golden Rule and we cannot do that by pulling up stakes and running away, so even if it hurts, if a man wishes to help his fellow man, then they will do so, and if a person wishes to be selfish and keep his gained knowledge to himself, then he will do that also. Boring to me is hearing people complain how repetitive forums are and then using forums for their own gain but to not give anything back. I hope no one takes what I have just written as a personal attack because it is not directed at anyone in particular but we were all newbies once upon a time and we all learned from others who helped us along the way, so IMO it is our turn to help others in return and besides that, if we wish to help the Philippines and its people, then we have to help others who wish to go to the Philippines for the many reasons that they come, since IMO the money they spend and the money that is sent home is what keeps the Philippines alive.
Many of the most interesting and informative contributions on the site are from "those who don't live here", imo.
Interesting reply Mike but my question is why do you think so? Surely the most informative would come from those with the most personal experience on a given subject. Now entertaining is a different matter all together, ask any fiction writer.Uzi.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
we cant make members post. Its a vicious circle,members often don't post so other members get bored and go to other forums which have been around a lot longer and have the usual posters on each day.
Agreed that no one can make anyone do anything they do not wish to do, but wouldn't it be nice if all those who have the knowledge, would share that knowledge. I know that I learn new things from members all the time and that has made my life in the Philippines easier, so I am sure there are tons of things that I still need to learn from many of our members, and if I feel I need to learn from them, then surely others are out there who feel the same way. :D So members when you learn something new or can answer a question another member asks, then it would be great if you post to help us all. :bedtime2: 

• 7 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Would having a DARWIN AWARD posting help ? people could post their experiences of some of the "ridiculous" things they see? ..The Darwin Awards honor Charles Darwin by commemorating those who yield to natural selection and "remove" themselves from the gene pool...thereby ensuring that the next generation is smarter by one. the site www.darwinawards.comHonoring those who improve the species...by accidentally removing themselves from it!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, just post what you want to post as long it's not too repetitious! Lee has the right attitude when it comes to posting, his quote: Agreed that no one can make anyone do anything they do not wish to do, but wouldn't it be nice if all those who have the knowledge, would share that knowledge. I know that I learn new things from members all the time and that has made my life in the Philippines easier, so I am sure there are tons of things that I still need to learn from many of our members, and if I feel I need to learn from them, then surely others are out there who feel the same way. :559: So members when you learn something new or can answer a question another member asks, then it would be great if you post to help us all. :yes: AddEmoticons04230.gif