Do You Hire A Jeepney Off Its Route?

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Something people may not be aware of but if you have a function or taking a few people out for the day you can save yourself a fair chunk of change by hiring a jeepney straight off its route. Done it a few times here as the driver will make more out of you than he will get out of the day of work at the same time your reducing the costs of a private hire.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Something people may not be aware of but if you have a function or taking a few people out for the day you can save yourself a fair chunk of change by hiring a jeepney straight off its route. Done it a few times here as the driver will make more out of you than he will get out of the day of work at the same time your reducing the costs of a private hire.
That's good to know but the question is,are they allowed to operate off their routes?

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
That's good to know but the question is,are they allowed to operate off their routes?
I think it's only a problem if they're picking up passengers. But for private use, off route is okay, I believe. Maybe I'm wrong, but we did that, too, with our friend's jeepney.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

They stick "Family use" signs on the front then its no longer in route use ;-) same reason they can go up the SRP if its not in offical use.

UZI
Posted
Posted
They stick "Family use" signs on the front then its no longer in route use ;-) same reason they can go up the SRP if its not in offical use.
Matt,What cost are we talking here for the day?Uzi.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
What cost are we talking here for the day?
It was my 8 year old nieces birthday when we were in Cebu, so we took about 15 adults and 30 children, all crammed into a big jeepney, on a swimming outing. The jeepney driver was a friend of my bro-in-law, and was hired to pick everyone up at his house at 10am and drop us at the swimming place... then come back to get everyone 5pm. Worked great. I gave my bro-in-law $150 to take care of all expenses (jeepney, admissions, food and drink for all, karaoke machine, etc.). I don't know what the jeepney cost, but will ask (in case I need to know for some event later on). th_iPhone2179.jpgLoading on jeepney for swimming outing. th_iPhone2180.jpgLoading on jeepney for swimming outing.Throughout the day the children were all so well mannered that I could hardly believe it. Running and jumping in the water and playing... but also always smiling and polite and sweet. This was true of the many, many children of friends and neighbors that were around my bro-in-laws house during the weeks before and after this outing... always polite and did exactly as told by their parents. I know that my Filipino family will likely never meet many of my US family, but I would be embarrassed for my RP family to see how most of the children in my U.S. family behave. I really miss them them all... can't wait to get back to visit... or to live. Tom in Texas