Newsbriefs

News Reader
Posted
Posted

A POLICEMAN assigned to Apayao was shot dead by two men wearing ski masks in the city’s Barangay (village) Carig Sur on Wednesday, police said.View the full article

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
A POLICEMAN assigned to Apayao was shot dead by two men wearing ski masks in the city’s Barangay (village) Carig Sur on Wednesday, police said.View the full article
Very sad that even police are not exempt to the killings but my guess is that the shooters wanted to prevent the officer from testifying against someone in a case, and since it is very easy and inexpensive to hire someone to kill someone in the Philippines, it was probably much less expensive than a long drawn out trial might have been. As I have said before, a reliable person told me that for p5000 they knew for a fact that it would be made sure that no one ever saw anyone that I was having a problem with ever again. This discussion was in the context of lending money or having a hard time collecting rents should I ever wish to get into either of those businesses, and I would never even consider having anyone dealt with in any manner that I could not deal with face to face on my own. IMO no amount of money is worth another humans life and only a serious threat to myself or my family would justify me wishing to use deadly force of any kind on another human being.