Divorce Bill Revived In House

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I personally think it is long overdue and that divorces should be allow for those couples in totally broken marriages because the men just go off and live with other women and the women are more or less just stuck and besides that, annulment makes bastards of the children, so how the heck can that be a good thing. MANILA, Philippines - The Gabriela women’s party-list group has revived a measure legalizing divorce in the country to give couples in “irreparable marriages” another legal remedy in addition to the country’s existing laws on legal separation and annulment.Read the whole story here

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

What these "Bible-thumpers" ignore is that there is actually divorce in the Holy book! It's not just the men that go out and have other families either. Marriage in the Philippines is f'd in the a! I think the number one homewrecker in the country, however, is also one of their top sources of income: working overseas. How many OFW's don't cheat? Men and women. And how many husbands and wives left behind stay loyal? A lot of men actually resent their wives leaving them to make money in HK or somewhere - hard to blame them completely - and openly cheat as a form of protest. The stories my wife tells me of her friends or other OFW's she knows cheating is insane. Shiet makes me paranoid! lol.. It's funny that the government is so worried about broken families, but they have NO BEEF with every Filipino possible leaving their kids behind to work abroad. That's a lot of kids without a parent/parents.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
What these "Bible-thumpers" ignore is that there is actually divorce in the Holy book! It's not just the men that go out and have other families either. Marriage in the Philippines is f'd in the a! I think the number one homewrecker in the country, however, is also one of their top sources of income: working overseas. How many OFW's don't cheat? Men and women. And how many husbands and wives left behind stay loyal? A lot of men actually resent their wives leaving them to make money in HK or somewhere - hard to blame them completely - and openly cheat as a form of protest. The stories my wife tells me of her friends or other OFW's she knows cheating is insane. Shiet makes me paranoid! lol.. It's funny that the government is so worried about broken families, but they have NO BEEF with every Filipino possible leaving their kids behind to work abroad. That's a lot of kids without a parent/parents.
And I think it sets a much worse example for the kids this way. Maybe a law that only single people can be OFW would be much better. One of our nephews got out of college last year and his plans were to get married and then deploy to Saudi for a job he was able to get, seems to me that I can understand the drive for a woman to wish to get married before she is too old but not for a man so I felt his plan was a setup for failure. First their marriage would probably result in a child and wife who had to stay home for years while their supporter was away and second he would no doubt meet other OFW who he might be more compatible with and who might have made better wives since both would be earning a decent living. No marriage would be much better IMO or maybe they will pass the bill and then there will be a whole slew of divorces that the govt can then make a fortune off of.  :yes:  Hey maybe that will be how they can fix their debt, charging for divorce. :mocking: