Go Directly To Jail If Caught

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This child protection act which is AN ACT PROVIDING FOR STRONGER DETERRENCE AND SPECIAL PROTECTION AGAINST CHILD ABUSE, EXPLOITATION AND DISCRIMINATION, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES can be a real can of worms for anyone of us caught with a minor they cannot prove is their relative. I suspect it would only be used against foreigners, after all we are all rich, yeah right.Read it all and you tell me what it really means. (split off from another topic)I would bet a lot of you never knew this law was on the books until I posted it and I learned it from the forum, so forums can keep us out of trouble. So what if you marry or date a woman who has a child or children and you are left alone with them, or take them to the mall, or just about anywhere, YOU possibly face jail. ARTICLE VI Other Acts of Abuse b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000.00): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty. Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act 

softail
Posted
Posted (edited)
or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place
It almost sounds like a 30yr old guy with a 18yr old gal cound find themselves in trouble. Yea, this is really vague.A person could really find themselves in trouble simply for takeing a little kid out for a little entertainment and end up doing some serious time for his efforts.Not all that different in the US tho, all it takes in an accusation and you are in serious trouble. Our renter is going thru that at this moment, a step daughter who has made accustions before pulled the rabbit out of the hat and has broken up the whole family.Doug and Sally Edited by Boss Man
put in correct quote tags

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am not a lawyer but we just happen to have Tom in Texas as a member on the forum so maybe he will tell us if my thoughts are correct? My thoughts are that the propose of this law is child protection and the below definition is right at the beginningSec. 3. Definition of Terms. - (a) "Children" refers to person below eighteen (18) years of age or those over but are unable to fully take care of themselves or protect themselves from abuse, neglect, cruelty, exploitation or discrimination because of a physical or mental disability or condition; So I believe it would then follow that the law only deals with those below 18 years of age, so if a 27 or older man was out with a 17 year old then my guess is his ass is grass but the examples some have given of an adult with an 18 year old or older lady, I think would be legal under that particular law since it is for the protection of children and not adults unless that person was unable to take full care of themselves such as a mentally challenged adult and then all bets would be off IMO. 

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Well, I guess my instinct to not take my step-son along on a road trip (at wife's suggestion) was right. Next time I'll reconsider the movies, too! I remember traveling across the Canadian border into the US when I was young for basketball camps and tournaments. We traveled with the team split into vans driven by parents or coaches and it was never a problem..... UNTIL I was in the van driven by my teammates Filipino father. When with a white driver, it was a lot simpler and take-your-word-for-it. Not that we had a full investigation or anything, but the way they looked at the Filipino guy driving with a bunch of white kids was a lot meaner, more suspecting, and the ID checks and questions took a lot longer. He was also a little more scared, although he tried not to look it, lol. That opened my eyes a bit to whatever may be interpreted from it. Traveling into Cambodia from Thailand there were Child Protection signs all along the road. So at the first pit stop when our van was swarmed by little children talking to us in English and trying to sell us things, I was scared shyte-less, trying to keep them at bay and not to touch my arm or anything. I wanted nothing to do with those kids. Now in Korea, where they have caught a few child-molesting ESL teachers, it's the same thing. At school, there's one kid who wants to hold my hand walking down the hallway and I wanna swat him away like a fly. Innocent to him is suspicious to others with a keen eye on the foreigner. Not a religious guy, but one must avoid the appearance of evil.