In 2008, Roughly 340,000 Were Born To Undocumented Aliens.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

If the above figures which are in the story are even close to correct,   :yes:  then it would have to then follow that there has to be way more illegal aliens in the US in order to have so many babies. Lets see, one baby per two people per year on average, since a baby takes 9 months to conceive, so half of 340,000 makes 170,000 possible illegals, or many more than that because not all of them can be of child bearing age, or it could mean one or more very prolific male servicing a awful lot of women, :cheersty: so just how many illegals might be in the US and I wonder how that might relate to how the Philippines would deal with any illegals found in there country. I think we know the answer to that, deport them at their own expense and pronto. :welcome: illegal Immigrants Bear 8% of Children Born in the U.S.

softail
Posted
Posted

We were at a garage sale the other day, the sellers happened to be Filippino. Of course my wife was happy to have a chat with them, pretty soon you would think that they had known each other for years. My wife was introduced to a relative of the lady having the sale, this lady was visiting from the PI and was very much pregnant. After more chatting come to find out the lady had scored a 10yr visa and was traveling to the US to have her children, you guessed it, so that they would be born US citizens. This was a shock to me, I had never considered that that was possible.Doug and Sally

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We were at a garage sale the other day, the sellers happened to be Filippino. Of course my wife was happy to have a chat with them, pretty soon you would think that they had known each other for years. My wife was introduced to a relative of the lady having the sale, this lady was visiting from the PI and was very much pregnant. After more chatting come to find out the lady had scored a 10yr visa and was traveling to the US to have her children, you guessed it, so that they would be born US citizens. This was a shock to me, I had never considered that that was possible.Doug and Sally
IMO it only makes sense to change that law, or if we were to use the same logic then a person who steals something should then be able to keep it after serving their time. Illegal is illegal and I just do not understand what part of that the people who make the laws do not understand. As for the lady you mentioned, we sure cannot blame her for taking advantage of a law that so many illegals seem to take advantage of, but if it were up to me then possibly the children of those here on legal visas might be eligible to be Americans but anyone here illegally should not be rewarded with a gift of citizenship for their child or children and even someone here on a visitors visa should not but at least they did not sneak into the country illegally.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Yes, shocking... the lady's children are going to become U.S. citizens in the same manner as did many of our grandparents or great-grandparents, which led to many of us, myself included, now being U.S. citizens.

softail
Posted
Posted

I guess I somehow don’t feel that it is right to take advantage of a technicality in the law. Flying in on a visitors visa to give birth, make a US citizen and then fly home, something not quite right about that. I don’t think that’s exactly how or forefathers did it. I think they stuck around and built a life. I guess we will have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one.Doug and Sally

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I guess sticking the illegal mother with an uninsured hospital bill for the delivery in an American hospital would suffice as punishment :mocking:

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
... I wonder how that might relate to how the Philippines would deal with any illegals found in there country. I think we know the answer to that, deport them at their own expense and pronto. yes.gif
I'm certainly no authority on RP immigration policy... but based on what I read on the forums, it seems that the answer to what the RP would do is not "deport them," but rather charge them some feeSugarwareZ-004.gif and give them a tourist visa.Tom in Texas

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
... I wonder how that might relate to how the Philippines would deal with any illegals found in there country. I think we know the answer to that, deport them at their own expense and pronto. yes.gif
I'm certainly no authority on RP immigration policy... but based on what I read on the forums, it seems that the answer to what the RP would do is not "deport them," but rather charge them some feeSugarwareZ-004.gif and give them a tourist visa.Tom in Texas
I believe we would have to make a distinction between an overstaying alien and an illegal alien, because most, if not all that might be reported on forums would be overstaying aliens and I would agree with you that they would probably be fined and sent on their way but my guess is that illegals that sneak into the Philippines would most likely be dealt with harshly and probably jailed and then deported IMO.Now with all that said, read Bureau of Immigration page which says  The Bureau of Immigration (BI) deported a total of 142 foreigners last year as a result of its program to decongest its detention center in Bicutan, Taguig of overstaying detainees.Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan disclosed that many of the deportees had been detained in the Bicutan jail for many years before their deportation cases were finally resolved, thus paving the way for their return to their homelands.Libanan said at least 18 of the 142 deportees have languished in jail for more than two years for reasons such as failure to procure their plane tickets or because they have pending cases before the local courts.The deportees also included several fugitives from justice who are wanted for various crimes in their homelands.Libanan, however, bared that “many of them had refused to go back to their homeland and opted to remain in jail, believing they could stay there indefinitely and be provided with food and lodging at the government’s expense.”He also stressed that the bureau’s detention center is not a boarding house for illegal aliens, adding that the latter should be deported immediately if there is no more legal impediment to their departure.Nonetheless, Libanan said the BI has strictly adhered to its policy of not deporting foreigners who have pending court cases, lest the bureau’s officials be accused of obstructing justice. Thus, it has always been a standard operating procedure of the BI to first secure the necessary clearance from the court, police and National Bureau of Investigation for a foreign detainee before a deportation order is implemented.BI spokesman Floro Balato Jr. said there were only 63 aliens detained at the Bicutan jail as of Dec. 31, compared to the 160 who were there when Libanan assumed office as BI chief in May 2007.He said that after Libanan learned that the jail was built to accommodate only 80 detainees, he immediately formed a deportation implementation unit headed by Atty. Antonio Rivera.“He then instructed Atty. Rivera to see to it that a detainee is deported within three months from the time a deportation order against the alien is issued by the BI board of commissioners,” Balato said.Libanan also assigned a team of BI legal officers to review and resolve the cases of overstaying detainees so that their departure could be facilitated without delay.It will be recalled that last year the Senate and Commission on Audit issued separate statements commending the BI for successfully decongesting its Bicutan jail.A report on the decongestion program revealed that 36 Vietnamese topped the list of the deportees, followed by 23 Chinese, 11 Koreans, nine Americans, and eight Japanese.

• 2 weeks later...
tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I guess sticking the illegal mother with an uninsured hospital bill for the delivery in an American hospital would suffice as punishment SugarwareZ-034.gif
Unfortunately it is the taxpayers who will be stuck with that bill. If the parents are actually in the US illegally then the child should be put up for adoption and the parents deported. That would put a stop to that method almost immediately. As far as coming here on a visa to have a child I suppose one of the visa requirements could become a pregnancy test for all females seeking visitors visas.