Us Dollar Falls To A 15-Year Low

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So how bad is this going to hit those of us from the US on the exchange rate? and I wonder if it will eventually hurt other currencies as well? Investors stepped up selling of dollars after the Federal Reserve announced Tuesday additional monetary easing steps in a bid to shore up the flagging U.S. economy. The central bank also downgraded its assessment of the economy's prospects.The whole story here

Mik
Posted
Posted

If and when the war with Iran begins, oil will increase in price dramatically which should increase the demand for dollars which means a stronger dollar (at least for a while). I believe that is one of the several reasons for going to war..

• 3 weeks later...
tom_shor
Posted
Posted
If and when the war with Iran begins, oil will increase in price dramatically which should increase the demand for dollars which means a stronger dollar (at least for a while). I believe that is one of the several reasons for going to war..
Mabel get my musket I'm gonna go prop up the dollar. thumbs-up-smile.gif

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

I was here when the dollar was 39p. I "survived" it and actually i felt the difference just a little. See, my kid did not became an orphan nor my wife a widow, no one starved...unlike to the ones who were experiencing the war. I guess that worths me to have a couple of beers less for everyone to live happy.It's one world, no to war.