Could End Up An Expensive Lesson

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have had quite a few people tell me that they have carried over $10,000 and not gotten caught, but things may be changing as the govt needs money to balance their budget.BUREAU of Customs at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport seized $140,000 from a Filipino passenger who arrived Wednesday from the United States via Incheon, South Korea, on board an Asiana Airlines flight OZ 703.Customs impounds $140,000 at airport

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
I have had quite a few people tell me that they have carried over $10,000 and not gotten caught, but things may be changing as the govt needs money to balance their budget.BUREAU of Customs at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport seized $140,000 from a Filipino passenger who arrived Wednesday from the United States via Incheon, South Korea, on board an Asiana Airlines flight OZ 703.Customs impounds $140,000 at airport
I don't see it as a problem so long as it is declared.They even mention it in the article
The inventory tallied $140,000, which constituted a violation of Central Bank laws because she failed to disclose it.
Regards; Jim