Net Talk Duo

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

For the people who do not wish to leave their computers on, here is an inexpensive VOIP device that hook right to your modem or router and gives you a US phone number and unlimited phone calls local or long distance to any number in the US or Canada from anywhere in the world where you have an Internet connection and this device. Basically a Magic Jack that hooks up before the computer and cost more than MJ. Anyone ever try one? VOIP device

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
For the people who do not wish to leave their computers on, here is an inexpensive VOIP device that hook right to your modem or router and gives you a US phone number and unlimited phone calls local or long distance to any number in the US or Canada from anywhere in the world where you have an Internet connection and this device. Basically a Magic Jack that hooks up before the computer and cost more than MJ. Anyone ever try one?VOIP device
To me its a better solution than magic jack for the reason of not having to have your computer on 24 hours a day to receive calls.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
For the people who do not wish to leave their computers on, here is an inexpensive VOIP device that hook right to your modem or router and gives you a US phone number and unlimited phone calls local or long distance to any number in the US or Canada from anywhere in the world where you have an Internet connection and this device. Basically a Magic Jack that hooks up before the computer and cost more than MJ. Anyone ever try one?VOIP device
To me its a better solution than magic jack for the reason of not having to have your computer on 24 hours a day to receive calls.
I only keep my computer and Magic Jack on when we are home and forward it to my cell phone when we are not home while in the US and sometimes forward it to my Philippine cell phone while we are in the Philippines and expecting a call, otherwise it takes messages and I just call people back. The good thing for us is that the Philippines is either 12 or 13 hours upside down from where we live in the US so most calls only come in during the mornings or evenings Philippine time anyway, so no need to have the phone or computer on 24/7 but I agree that this new device seems like it could be an improvement over the Magic Jack in that area only, yet I am quite happy with my Magic Jack and it is a lot less expensive than the Duo to own and buy.

• 11 months later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, we're satisfied with our Magic Jack and Skype! They're both cheap to run! Anyway, we don't have many people we call, except for my wife's parents in California, she calls every other day on the average!