How To Test Your Virus Software

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

One of my friends who is in the computer security business sent me the below email on how to test your virus software to see if it is working. I am using the free version of Microsoft Essentials on this computer that I posted about HERE, so I opened Wordpad and copied the line and tried to paste it into Wordpad and the virus protector came up immediately warning me of a virus and would not even allow me to paste it into Wordpad, so the free Microsoft virus protection apparently works great. Copy and paste the below text and test yours. My friend who I trust completely has assured me that it is not a real virus and will not infect anyones computer but it is a test line that people in the business use to test to see if virus protectors are actually working. Let us know how it works on yours and if your virus protector does not catch it right away then it might be time to change to another one. Have you ever wondered that is your Antivirus working properly? Do you want to ensure that your antivirus works properly? So don't worry we have got a perfect working solution which will make you to Check Effectiveness of your Antivirus.The test for this purpose is called EICAR Test. This test is used by many antivirus developers to find whether there antivirus is working properly or not.Here is a step-by-step procedure to test your antivirus:1. Open a new text document, Click start menu goto run and type wordpad or notepad Type there the following code and save it as virustestfile.com  X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*2. Now run Antivirus scanIf your antivirus detects it as a virus then your Antivirus is working properly and If it does not detect it as a virus then your antivirus is not effective and you need to look for alternatives