Immigration Bill Introduced

No name
Posted
Posted

A bill has been introduced into the Philippines Senate..I only scanned it, I just don't have time to read it all right now.I don't think there are any major changes there though. I did scan it.They do seem to be at least giving lip service to make foreign investment easier. As long as there is the "especially foreigners" in application of the law though, nothing will change there.The bill can be seen here http://www.senate.gov.ph/lis/bill_res.aspx?congress=15&q=SBN-98Was filed about six weeks ago, if this is a duplicate, just delete. sorry.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
A bill has been introduced into the Philippines Senate..I only scanned it, I just don't have time to read it all right now.I don't think there are any major changes there though. I did scan it.They do seem to be at least giving lip service to make foreign investment easier. As long as there is the "especially foreigners" in application of the law though, nothing will change there.The bill can be seen here http://www.senate.go...ess=15&q=SBN-98Was filed about six weeks ago, if this is a duplicate, just delete. sorry.
Hey mate, Thanks for the information - I don't know where you guys find this stuff.I found Sec 58 interesting - it's a new one on me!!SEC. 58. Requirements for Physical and/or Mental Examination Prior to Issuance of Immigrant Visa. - Prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa to any foreignnational, the Consular Officer shall require such person to submit to a physical andmental examination in accordance with such regulations as may be prescribed by theCommissioner. In addition, said foreign national shall be required to personally plantfifty (50) trees, except when he/ she is physically incapable of doing so, in which case,he/she may cause another person to plant the trees.Start digging guysPaul

UZI
Posted
Posted
A bill has been introduced into the Philippines Senate..I only scanned it, I just don't have time to read it all right now.I don't think there are any major changes there though. I did scan it.They do seem to be at least giving lip service to make foreign investment easier. As long as there is the "especially foreigners" in application of the law though, nothing will change there.The bill can be seen here http://www.senate.go...ess=15&q=SBN-98Was filed about six weeks ago, if this is a duplicate, just delete. sorry.
Hey mate, Thanks for the information - I don't know where you guys find this stuff.I found Sec 58 interesting - it's a new one on me!!SEC. 58. Requirements for Physical and/or Mental Examination Prior to Issuance of Immigrant Visa. - Prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa to any foreignnational, the Consular Officer shall require such person to submit to a physical andmental examination in accordance with such regulations as may be prescribed by theCommissioner. In addition, said foreign national shall be required to personally plantfifty (50) trees, except when he/ she is physically incapable of doing so, in which case,he/she may cause another person to plant the trees.Start digging guysPaul
The following was posted on my website almost 2 years ago. Old news so don't get out your gardening gear just yet:
Bill seeks to require foreigners to plant trees12/23/2008 | 06:28 AM MANILA, Philippines - Foreigners seeking admission to the Philippines may soon be required to plant trees prior to the issuance of their visas, if a bill in the House of Representatives is passed into law.House Bill 5577 seeks to amend Sections 9 and 13 of The Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 for foreigners to plant at least 10 trees in the region they plan to stay."Southeast Asia could have three-fourths less forest cover and 42% less biodiversity by 2010 at the current rate of logging, forest fires and problematic land use," author Rep. Rufus Rodriguez (Cagayan de Oro) said in an article on the House of Representatives website.He added this would show the foreign national's commitment to protecting the environment.Rodriguez noted that global warming and climate change are intertwined with the world's decreasing biodiversity.For non-immigrant applicants, the additional requirement of planting trees shall apply to an alien businessman, an accredited official of a foreign government recognized by the Philippine government.The proposed measure also covers a student who plans to take up a course higher than high school, and an alien covered by prearranged employment.Also, the bill provides that parents or guardians of minors seeking admission as immigrants shall also be obliged to comply with this requirement. - GMANews.TV http://tinyurl.com/96s4f2
Uzi

No name
Posted
Posted
Wow, tree planting. :1 (103): I kind of see the logic though, new person, more burden on the environment.Seems like a strange place to bury it, right under the Physical?

No name
Posted
Posted
The following was posted on my website almost 2 years ago. Old news so don't get out your gardening gear just yet:
Awwww your website. Now I understand.This bill was introduced in July 1 of 2010. Granted i appears to have been introduced before. There may be new things in there. I don't know. I don't have time to read it.