Scanned And Scammed

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Last week I was online looking at my bank checking online. I happen to find two bank atm withdraws from California, I live in Seattle. What I understand someone scannedmy debit card with a scanner. Got my account number and pin. And within two days someone withdraws 600 dollars. lucky for the online banking, I did get a credit from my bank while the bank investigate the fraud. Good luck with that one. hystery.gif Maybe I should watch myself what I say and do online1%20(172).gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Last week I was online looking at my bank checking online. I happen to find two bank atm withdraws from California, I live in Seattle.  What I understand someone scannedmy debit card with a scanner. Got my account number and pin. And within two days someone withdraws 600 dollars.  lucky for the online banking, I did get a credit from my bank while the bank investigate the fraud.       Good luck with that one. hystery.gif            Maybe I should watch myself what I say and do online1%20(172).gif
It is best to never use an atm card that has to leave your sight. I only use mine at bank atm machines and always use one credit card for when we go out and the card has to leave my hand such as when handing to a waiter and most other times we try to go to places where we pay as we go in or as we leave. Yup online banking is a great thing as long as we check ours every few days.  Hope you get your money back and it would be even better if they catch the trash that stole your account info but not likely since most law enforcement agencies do not even bother to chase under felony limits, and the crooks know it and that is why they keep their charge just under the radar. Sad but most often true. Whoever it was that said crime does not pay, did not understand the system like the crooks do.   :AddEmoticons04230: