Tough Time For These Kanos

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Travis
Posted
Posted
that is funny 2 kanos trying to make a living competing with locals so who would trust them coz they are supposed to be rich & besides that I doubt any woman would get in coz of the reputation a lot of us seem to have. oh & how do the locals make any money with the cost of fuel?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

If I hadn't seen the video clip, I wouldn't of have believed it! What two dufus would do such a thing in the Philippines? They wouldn't last a few days in what they're doing! The locals would have jumped in their sh&t before they even got started or thrown in jail for not having a work permit, let alone not having insurance to drive an old vehicle on the road to do illegal business! What a bunch of idiots! And very embarrassing! :SugarwareZ-037:SugarwareZ-002.gif:wt-hell::kidding:

UZI
Posted
Posted
If I hadn't seen the video clip, I wouldn't of have believed it! What two dufus would do such a thing in the Philippines? They wouldn't last a few days in what they're doing! The locals would have jumped in their sh&t before they even got started or thrown in jail for not having a work permit, let alone not having insurance to drive an old vehicle on the road to do illegal business! What a bunch of idiots! And very embarrassing! :SugarwareZ-037:SugarwareZ-002.gif:wt-hell::wt-hell:
:kidding:You guys are not taking this seriously for petes sake?This is their story (highlights) :
They used to be Mormon missionaries who wanted to help Filipinos spiritually. Now, they are known as two white men trying out odd jobs in the Philippines and giving people a good laugh. After having served their church as ministers, Tory Chapman and Jason Cowdin eventually started their own campaign called PI Job Experiment wherein they take videos of themselves taking on different jobs in the Philippines. Their 1st video shows them driving a cab in the town of Santiago in Isabela province. Jason is the driver and Tory is the conductor/”barker”, both speaking in fluent Filipino. The video has so far generated 180,000 views since it was uploaded on YouTube last March. Tory and Jason were in Manila to try out some jobs as part of their “experiment.”But it was not always fun and excitement for the two. Jason said that while they wanted to make people laugh with the videos they did, they also want to showcase how people appreciate their chosen jobs and also to let others appreciate it for themselves. “The hardest job we did so far is being a jeepney driver. The guy we talked to said he drives for 14 hours, through traffic and smoke. We did that only from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. and we were exhausted. We felt that by showing others these jobs, the way we see it when we put ourselves in their shoes, they’ll learn to respect and appreciate the jobs these people have chosen,” Tory said. Jason added that he was amazed at how the jeepney driver can call for passengers, receive fares, and even use his mobile phone while driving. “Di ko kaya (I can’t do that),” Jason said. Still, both Jason and Tory said they will continue to do their job experiments as long as they make people laugh. “When we achieve that, it’s mission accomplished,” Jason said.Full story at Yahoo News
The car BTW was an Toyota Altis (not an OLD car :kidding:) which is a newer version of the old Toyota Corolla. They were charging just P10 fare in a car that carries 5 with a driver & front passenger. How real do you think this is for P30 per journey?You can follow them on FacebookGreat fun & excellent Tagalog tooUzi.

Travis
Posted
Posted
If I hadn't seen the video clip, I wouldn't of have believed it! What two dufus would do such a thing in the Philippines? They wouldn't last a few days in what they're doing! The locals would have jumped in their sh&t before they even got started or thrown in jail for not having a work permit, let alone not having insurance to drive an old vehicle on the road to do illegal business! What a bunch of idiots! And very embarrassing! :SugarwareZ-037:SugarwareZ-002.gif:wt-hell::wt-hell:
:kidding:You guys are not taking this seriously for petes sake?This is their story (highlights) :
They used to be Mormon missionaries who wanted to help Filipinos spiritually. Now, they are known as two white men trying out odd jobs in the Philippines and giving people a good laugh. After having served their church as ministers, Tory Chapman and Jason Cowdin eventually started their own campaign called PI Job Experiment wherein they take videos of themselves taking on different jobs in the Philippines.Their 1st video shows them driving a cab in the town of Santiago in Isabela province. Jason is the driver and Tory is the conductor/”barker”, both speaking in fluent Filipino. The video has so far generated 180,000 views since it was uploaded on YouTube last March.Tory and Jason were in Manila to try out some jobs as part of their “experiment.”But it was not always fun and excitement for the two. Jason said that while they wanted to make people laugh with the videos they did, they also want to showcase how people appreciate their chosen jobs and also to let others appreciate it for themselves.“The hardest job we did so far is being a jeepney driver. The guy we talked to said he drives for 14 hours, through traffic and smoke. We did that only from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. and we were exhausted. We felt that by showing others these jobs, the way we see it when we put ourselves in their shoes, they’ll learn to respect and appreciate the jobs these people have chosen,” Tory said.Jason added that he was amazed at how the jeepney driver can call for passengers, receive fares, and even use his mobile phone while driving. “Di ko kaya (I can’t do that),” Jason said.Still, both Jason and Tory said they will continue to do their job experiments as long as they make people laugh. “When we achieve that, it’s mission accomplished,” Jason said.Full story at Yahoo News
The car BTW was an Toyota Altis (not an OLD car :kidding:) which is a newer version of the old Toyota Corolla. They were charging just P10 fare in a car that carries 5 with a driver & front passenger. How real do you think this is for P30 per journey?You can follow them on FacebookGreat fun & excellent Tagalog tooUzi.
uzi I figured they were just clowns playing coz what kano in the right mind would try to earn a living that way. most kanos here either own bars or spend most of their lives drinking in them so there would be no time for taxiing :D BTW who is Petes Sake is that a friend of yours :)

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

God dammit! That was my idea to try out different difficult Filipino jobs and turn it into a type of documentary series! I even emailed my film friend to see what he'd think of the idea. Ah well... maybe they'll hire me?

UZI
Posted
Posted
God dammit! That was my idea to try out different difficult Filipino jobs and turn it into a type of documentary series! I even emailed my film friend to see what he'd think of the idea. Ah well... maybe they'll hire me?
Hmmmm..........but a taxi driver who looks just like Sponge Bob SugarwareZ-004.gifCould be a winner mate :SugarwareZ-037:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Definitely a put on but has potential. Could be the basis for the next Harold and Kumar in the Philippines movie - if they don't get killed. I wish em luck.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Hmmmm..........but a taxi driver who looks just like Sponge Bob SugarwareZ-004.gifCould be a winner mate :wt-hell:
My idea had a twist they haven't really touched on yet, and I hesitate to mention in case any of you wise guys wants to steal it from me... lol. But man, those mormons are always so fluent in the language. I kind of wonder if they'd accept me for language classes at their local headquarters where I'll live. Probably they won't, but it's worth a try.