Pldt Launches Advanced Surveillance Camera

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?Artic...bCategoryId=207PLDT launches advanced surveillance camera By Katherine Adraneda Updated December 06, 2008 12:00 AM The police may have a welcome

Mik
Posted
Posted

I have thought about putting a couple of exterior cameras to watch the compound and the gate.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have thought about putting a couple of exterior cameras to watch the compound and the gate.
I have a couple of creative lab Internet cameras in my home in the states that I can watch while we are away and one set up so that I can see who is walking up my walkway. They are pretty neat and no monthly charge.http://www.xpcgear.com/livewl.html

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I don't think this would be too useful for more than a week or so for residential purposes. My power goes out at least once a week. Who's going to boot up the system after a power failure? You could use a UPS but even then, it's likely the UPS will run out before the power is up and running again.Aside from the power issues, how often do you have to reset your DSL modem to re-establish a connection? If I go more than 2-3 days without rebooting the modem and computer my connection fails.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
I don't think this would be too useful for more than a week or so for residential purposes. My power goes out at least once a week. Who's going to boot up the system after a power failure? You could use a UPS but even then, it's likely the UPS will run out before the power is up and running again.Aside from the power issues, how often do you have to reset your DSL modem to re-establish a connection? If I go more than 2-3 days without rebooting the modem and computer my connection fails.
Wow! I do not have those problems here in the states and I do use a UPS and we did not have that problem earlier this year when in Cebu, and I also use a UPS there too, and yes the power might go down for a few minutes but it always came right back on and only once was it out for a long time when a crane fell on some power lines. I guess the power situation is getting worse as the population grows. Edited by Mr. Lee