Which Class Are You?

Retired Alf
Posted
Posted

GreetingsI was wondering what class of airline travel the readers use,first/business/economy which I think is the same as coach for the Americans. Is the high cost warranted for first class travel? smile.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
GreetingsI was wondering what class of airline travel the readers use,first/business/economy which I think is the same as coach for the Americans. Is the high cost warranted for first class travel? smile.gif
I am cheap and retired, so also living on a fixed income, so I use the cheapest fare possible unless we get a free upgrade, so we do often ask for those when checking in on longer flights and when we have been a regular customer of a particular airline for a long time, and if they have to bump someone up to fill a regular class seat then they will sometimes bump a good customer of theirs up to a higher class for free. It never hurts to ask and we have been bumped up in the past for free but not often.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm cheap too ever since I retired! Never flew First Class! We only flew a couple of times in business class on a few promo deals that cost us as much as an economy air fare ticket long time ago, but haven't lucked into any business class seats lately! So, economy seats will just have to do!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Travis
Posted
Posted

I am always low class :th_thholysheep:

Mik
Posted
Posted

I have always flown by the cheapest means. But on a SuperFerry it's cheap enough so I went first class in a cabin. .

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
I have always flown by the cheapest means. But on a SuperFerry it's cheap enough so I went first class in a cabin. .
I too am a budget traveller and will usually take the cheapest means of travel. Including walking! I too have travelled first class on a superferry.I have travelled in a stateroom on Superferry 12. The state room had an entertainment area and a bedroom. The bathroom had a bath and a shower. First class passengers had the use of a rooftop/top deck jaccuzi. About usd $100 at the time for an overnight trip from Cebu City to Manila, including meals, good for 2. Now that was definitely worth it!!:thumbs-up-smile: I like to travel first class on Trans Asia and or Cebu Ferries. I have done so several times travelling between Cebu City and CDO and several times between Cebu City and Ozamiz City. Rooms with balconies on the side of the ship and your choice of movies to watch as you travel along. They have room service, although I have never used it. What I did use however was the in room massage service. P300 per hour for a quality massage. My last trip was a year ago and I remember not wanting it to end. Most foreigners should be able to travel first class through out the Philippines on these ships. I flew business class around the world 20 years ago and a couple of times on that trip I got to travel first class. I enjoyed that very much but I wouldn't consider doing the same today. The ridiculous extra cost of business or first class is definitely not worth it for the trip from Australia to the Philippines on my current income. The differenmce in cost between economy and business class is enough for me to live in the Philippines for a month. However, if i was a multi millionare and money meant nothing, I would pay to travel first class. Regards; Jim Sibbick

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I too am a budget traveller and will usually take the cheapest means of travel. Including walking! I too have travelled first class on a superferry.I have travelled in a stateroom on Superferry 12. The state room had an entertainment area and a bedroom. The bathroom had a bath and a shower. First class passengers had the use of a rooftop/top deck jaccuzi. About usd $100 at the time for an overnight trip from Cebu City to Manila, including meals, good for 2. Now that was definitely worth it!!:thumbs-up-smile: I like to travel first class on Trans Asia and or Cebu Ferries. I have done so several times travelling between Cebu City and CDO and several times between Cebu City and Ozamiz City. Rooms with balconies on the side of the ship and your choice of movies to watch as you travel along. They have room service, although I have never used it. What I did use however was the in room massage service. P300 per hour for a quality massage. My last trip was a year ago and I remember not wanting it to end. Most foreigners should be able to travel first class through out the Philippines on these ships. I flew business class around the world 20 years ago and a couple of times on that trip I got to travel first class. I enjoyed that very much but I wouldn't consider doing the same today. The ridiculous extra cost of business or first class is definitely not worth it for the trip from Australia to the Philippines on my current income. The difference in cost between economy and business class is enough for me to live in the Philippines for a month. However, if i was a multi millionare and money meant nothing, I would pay to travel first class. Regards; Jim Sibbick
I would have to agree that the airline fist class prices are ridiculous,around 3 or 4 times more than a standard seat in economy.Must admit though, if I was rich then first class for me. The new Singapore airlines planes have a little extra room between seats but it would be nice to lay out on one of those flat bed seats in first class.As for the superferry,I would like to try that one day too when I get my sea legs.7_3_205[1].gif

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure what class I fly but it's the one with the most screaming babies and smallest legroom, and I'm 6 ft. I'm pretty sure I saw some chickens the last time. It's so much fun after 30 hours that I hate to get off the plane in Manila.I did travel "Business Class" on one of the ferries to Bohol and nearly froze to death both times. Why in the world do they keep it so cold in that cabin??