Filipina Honesty

UZI
Posted
Posted

Always stories on forums reporting on those Filipinas that have conned or ripped off someone. Well there are plenty of honest ones too (I know, I married one). This from SunStar:

Rewards pour in for girls who gave P50T upFOUR school girls from Badian received more awards for their honesty, including a college scholarship from the Cebu Filipino-Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CFCCCI) and Cebu Eastern College (CEC). The girls received the awards in a ceremony last Wednesday at the Malhiao Elementary School. Kathlene Taypin, 9, found P50,000 cash behind the school last Aug. 26, then told her friends and classmates Jera-Ann Sasing, Naneth Taboada and Gail Aimyh Velos. All four surrendered the cash to a teacher.It later turned out to be part of the loot stolen from Japanese national Yoshikatsu Hirata, 55, in Lapu-Lapu City. CFCCCI president Filomeno Lim handed a plaque of honesty, P3,000 cash and a scholarship grant certificate to each of the girls, just two days after they received separate rewards from the Provincial Government and Cebu Provincial Police Office. The scholarship grant was made possible through the efforts of Lim, a CEC trustee, and CEC director Frederick K.D. Ong, the school director. When they are eligible, the girls are free to take up any of the courses offered by CEC, school principal Sotero Cabanes told Sun.Star Cebu. Velos has said she wants to become a teacher, and education is among CEC’s course offerings. Sasing earlier told reporters she wants to be a policeman, while Taboada wants to be a nurse. Taypin, who first discovered the bundles of money while she was relieving herself at the back of the school (their school’s toilet had no water and stank), has yet to make up her mind on what course she will take up in college. Present during the awarding ceremonies last Wednesday morning, according to Cabanes, were Department of Education (DepEd) Regional Director Recaredo Borgonia, Badian mayor Robert Librando, town councilors, local police officers, Malhiao Elementary School teachers, pupils and the girls’ parents. The CFCCCI, through the Badian local government and DepEd officials, organized the ceremony in honor of the girls, to set good examples to their classmates and to thank them for making their school and town proud. Last Monday, during the flag ceremony at the provincial police office, the girls received a sack of rice and a carton of sardines each. Right after the ceremony, the girls went to the Capitol. Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia gave each girl a plaque of commendation, P10,000 cash, a sack of rice, noodles and school supplies, like notebooks and uniforms. The Provincial Board passed a resolution commending the children. (OCP) Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on September 11, 2010.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Always stories on forums reporting on those Filipinas that have conned or ripped off someone. Well there are plenty of honest ones too (I know, I married one). This from SunStar: 
Great story, there are many honest ladies in the Philippines, I also married one of them and we happen to know some others who have been brought up correctly as well, so they do exist if a person uses the correct head when seeking a lady.   :th_thholysheep:

Travis
Posted
Posted

I agree many seem to be honest it is just that their families also honestly do their best to part you from your money. best to marry an orphan

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Last Monday, during the flag ceremony at the provincial police office, the girls received a sack of rice and a carton of sardines each. Right after the ceremony, the girls went to the Capitol.
What every 9 year old dreams of,a carton of sardines.Yes I know its practical in keeping them fed but maybe just something more personal to the likes of a nine year old. :thumbs-up-smile: