Time Zones

Travis
Posted
Posted

anyone else find their bodies want to stay on the time zones they came from. SugarwareZ-046.gif even after all this time I still find my body wanting to be up at night & asleep during the daytime so I take a lot of naps but I thought my body would get used to it eventually :mocking: & I even tried melatonin but even it did not work :thumbs-up-smile: good thing I am retired or I would never be able to keep a work schedule. maybe I need a SugarwareZ-035.gifSugarwareZ-005.gif 1 good thing about it is I can make all my phone calls & computer chats with friends back home while I am awake during the night :) 23_9_11[1].gif23_9_10[1].gif :lol:

Jake
Posted
Posted
anyone else find their bodies want to stay on the time zones they came from. SugarwareZ-046.gif even after all this time I still find my body wanting to be up at night & asleep during the daytime so I take a lot of naps but I thought my body would get used to it eventually :mocking: & I even tried melatonin but even it did not work :thumbs-up-smile: good thing I am retired or I would never be able to keep a work schedule. maybe I need a SugarwareZ-035.gifSugarwareZ-005.gif 1 good thing about it is I can make all my phone calls & computer chats with friends back home while I am awake during the night :) 23_9_11[1].gif23_9_10[1].gif :lol:
I guess for some people, being a night person has its advantages. Especially when the daytime heatand humidity can be unbearable at times. As long as you're not a walking insomniac, that time shiftlifestyle or work schedule is doable for me also. Doing 20 minute of aerobics and then a nice tabo-tabo shower also helps to relieve any remaining stress or tension.Respectfully -- Jake

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wake up around 5 every morning. I get a little exercise and normally don't take naps. I sleep better if I avoid snacks after dinner and no alcohol after 8 pm, just water. .

Edited by Mik
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

For me after all these years from working for Uncle Sam, my body clock has been instilled in me: SLEEP DURING THE DAY AND AWAKE AT NIGHT! I've been a swing and mid shift worker all my entire working career! Old habits are hard to break, but I'm trying! Luckily I'm retired, so it doesn't matter anymore when I'm asleep or awake!

• 3 weeks later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Hello to all, especially Boss Man, Lee, Jake and Tom from big D!I'm back for a brief moment! My body clock has changed ever since we arrived in San Jose, Ca. last week on vacation! Really strange, I never woke up before 8 am when in the Philippines, but here in the U.S., I wake up early and out of bed by 7 am!!!! Just been busy getting all of our document together before we apply for our Dual Citizenship at the San Francisco Philippine Consulate. I have a few errors on some of my documents and in the process of getting them corrected. BTW, I will be 62 this week and already applied for my Social Security benefits, another check in the mail, direct deposit that is! I now have a total of 4 pensions: My Civil Service pension, retired Military Pay, a 20% V.A. Disability Comp. and now, my U.S. Social Security! I waited patiently 11 years for all this to happen! In those 11 years since I retired at age 49, I was only getting half of what I'm getting now! Life is truly grand now! We're reaping the fruits of thy labor! Well, enough of my ramblings! I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still around, alive and kicking, kicking back that is!You all have a good day! Artthe Happy Camper

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hello to all, especially Boss Man, Lee, Jake and Tom from big D!I'm back for a brief moment! My body clock has changed ever since we arrived in San Jose, Ca. last week on vacation! Really strange, I never woke up before 8 am when in the Philippines, but here in the U.S., I wake up early and out of bed by 7 am!!!! Just been busy getting all of our document together before we apply for our Dual Citizenship at the San Francisco Philippine Consulate. I have a few errors on some of my documents and in the process of getting them corrected. BTW, I will be 62 this week and already applied for my Social Security benefits, another check in the mail, direct deposit that is! I now have a total of 4 pensions: My Civil Service pension, retired Military Pay, a 20% V.A. Disability Comp. and now, my U.S. Social Security! I waited patiently 11 years for all this to happen! In those 11 years since I retired at age 49, I was only getting half of what I'm getting now! Life is truly grand now! We're reaping the fruits of thy labor! Well, enough of my ramblings! I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still around, alive and kicking, kicking back that is!You all have a good day! Artthe Happy Camper
Well, it's about time Pare. We all know that you're too busy with all those Baklas in San Francisco. Don't worry, I will not get too jealous even when you're entertaining them with FOUR pension checks.Have a good one -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Welcome back on the forum my friend, and good to know you are enjoying your vacation and getting all your ducks in a row for all those hard earned pensions to roll on in. :541: 

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Hello to all, especially Boss Man, Lee, Jake and Tom from big D!***Artthe Happy Camper
Hello Art,Good to hear you've arrived safe and sound and all is going well. It is great you and your brother are getting to spend some time together... hope ya'll get to take the "road trip" up the coast (and sorry I can't stow away).Nobody deserves to be retired as a "Happy Camper" in the RP than you... and I hope some day we can have a Four Musketeer Happy Camper reunion in the RP... and whoever has the most pensions can buy the first few rounds. cheers.gifcheers.gifStay Safe,Tom in BIg D

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I'm sure we will have that reunion Tom as long we are still around and kicking! Don't know about that road though since I still have a lot of paperwork to do in applying for our Dual Citizenship. I sent in my U.S. Certificate of Citizenship and U.S. passport to get the DOB corrected at the Nebraska Processing Center, may take 4 to 5 weeks just for my certificate. Once I get both documents back, only then can we start the process of applying for our Dual Citizenship in San Francisco. So, fingers are crossed at this point in time.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

OMG! I got up at 6 am! I never do that in the Philippines! Yup! The time zone must be affecting my body clock set to the Philippines! Oh well, I guess I just have to wait until we get back there to get back to my old routine! And it's now getting cold here in the California! Strange weather!