Genorators

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Hi guys i was just wondering if any of you know what size gen set i would need to run the aircon unit ref and maybe computer there seems to be allot of rolling brownouts in rizal where my house is so i dont want to rely on meralco , im looking into solar back up power now here in canada to ship over too the house in the future but i will need a gen set soon until i can come up with the money to get the solar back up , i really think its a great idea to have some form of alternitive power especially in the summer months in P.I. and in the long run the cost of the unit will pay for its self in savings from our energy bill so do any of you know what size i would need to run the aircon, ref , & computer ???? and what would the cost be for a gen-set that could handle that ????thanks for any info you all can give !!! take care OldUgly&Cranky

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi guys i was just wondering if any of you know what size gen set i would need to run the aircon unit ref and maybe computer there seems to be allot of rolling brownouts in rizal where my house is so i dont want to rely on meralco , im looking into solar back up power now here in canada to ship over too the house in the future but i will need a gen set soon until i can come up with the money to get the solar back up , i really think its a great idea to have some form of alternitive power especially in the summer months in P.I. and in the long run the cost of the unit will pay for its self in savings from our energy bill so do any of you know what size i would need to run the aircon, ref , & computer ???? and what would the cost be for a gen-set that could handle that ????thanks for any info you all can give !!! take care OldUgly&Cranky
HERE is a page you might wish to check out. 

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

thanks lee for the responce i have looked into it , what im looking for is used or new in the philippines so i save on shipping cost but i will keep looking in the website u gave me maybe they have a dealer in phils or a way to get them there i thank you for the responce take care my friend OldUgly&Cranky

Jake
Posted
Posted
thanks lee for the responce i have looked into it , what im looking for is used or new in the philippines so i save on shipping cost but i will keep looking in the website u gave me maybe they have a dealer in phils or a way to get them there i thank you for the responce take care my friend OldUgly&Cranky
OK, try this one, main office located at Gingoog Electric Trading (G.E.T.) Santa Clara ExtensionBarangay 19, Cabuyoan9014 Gingoog CityMisamis Oriental, MindanaoPhilippineshttp://getclub.spaces.live.com/Respectfully -- Jake

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I just checked out prices in the Philippines and the states for a 11,000 watt generator using that site you gave Jake. Their price is 268,000 pesos. The identical generator in the us was 119,000 pesoshttp://getclub.spaces.live.com/http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/Powermate-PM0601100-Portable-Generator/p933.htmlHow can they justify charging almost two and half times the price in the state. It must cost the company 149,000 pesos ( $3400 us) for shipping.

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

I bought my gasoline genset at Citihardware.3600 watts continuousP36,000 (2005 price)It has a built in 15 amp breaker which trips if I run too much stuff. This genset won't power my central aircon or water heater. I think this would be the minimum size you would need. It's big enough to power computer, TV, ref, aircon window unit.To power my central aircon and water heater and everything else, I would need to have a 10,000 watt genset preferably diesel.Sometimes I just read a book or take a nap during a daytime browout. I don't need to use that often. A genset is handy to have though. .

Edited by Mik

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
I bought my gasoline genset at Citihardware.3600 watts continuousP36,000 (2005 price)It has a built in 15 amp breaker which trips if I run too much stuff. This genset won't power my central aircon or water heater. I think this would be the minimum size you would need. It's big enough to power computer, TV, ref, aircon window unit.To power my central aircon and water heater and everything else, I would need to have a 10,000 watt genset preferably diesel.Sometimes I just read a book or take a nap during a daytime browout. I don't need to use that often. A genset is handy to have though. .
well thats something like i was looking for thanks Mik i just need a back up to able able to run the computer , tv , ref and aircon Hopefully it can handle it all at the same time hahaha the aircon unit i have is a window unit did u have to wire anything into your breaker or fuse panel ??? or do you just run a large extention cord from the genset to the house ??? and how much gas do you go through and how long can it run when its full of gas ??? thank you all for the responces OldUgly&Cranky

Jake
Posted
Posted
Thanks Mik for your post. I visited Citihardware website and looks pretty good to me.Jake

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)
post-184-049495400 1284508747_thumb.jpgWhen using a generator you must be disconnected from the electric utility. You don't want to shock a repairman working on the line somewhere. Use a double-pole double-throw knife switch to make it impossible to send your generator power to the outside lines. I think it will run at least 10 hours on a tank. It's been a long time since I ran it more than a couple of hours. Maybe four years ago we had an outage that lasted four days. I've located my generator in my detached garage. I just open the small side door and aim the genset so the exhaust blows out the door. It's quite noisy so further from the house the better.I bought a 3 meter length of Coleman cable 10 gauge with 3 wires (2 hot, 1 ground). It's stranded wire but the strands are fine so the cable is flexible. One end of this flexible cable I directly wired into a junction box on the wall inside the garage (which is then connected by more #10 wire to the knife switch inside the house at the panel board). (I used #10 in case I ever got a bigger genset.) The other end of the flexible cable is fitted with the special connector that plugs into the genset. . Edited by Mik