Bi To Review Cases Of 64 Foreigners Detained In Taguig

News Reader
Posted
Posted

The Bureau of Immigration on Tuesday said it would conduct a “thorough” review of the cases of at least 64 detained foreigners in a bid to facilitate their immediate deportation and to decongest the agency's detention center in Bicutan, Taguig City.View the full article

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The Bureau of Immigration on Tuesday said it would conduct a “thorough” review of the cases of at least 64 detained foreigners in a bid to facilitate their immediate deportation and to decongest the agency's detention center in Bicutan, Taguig City.View the full article
I wonder what it is that is preventing the immediate deportation of some or all of these detained foreigners? My guess is that the Philippine government does not wish to pay for their passage out of the country, and if that is the case then I wonder why they do not make deals with some of the cargo ships for hard labor for those they wish to send home, to work their way home on those cargo ships. Seems like a logical solution, rot in jail without food or water or work your way back to your country of origin.

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

It is a bit more complicated than that when it comes to the ones charged with criminal offences.The ones who are due to deportation for no other crime than immigration issues...why do you think they keep them? They extort money from them. They will deport them when they drain their funds.

Jake
Posted
Posted
It is a bit more complicated than that when it comes to the ones charged with criminal offences.The ones who are due to deportation for no other crime than immigration issues...why do you think they keep them? They extort money from them. They will deport them when they drain their funds.
And that my friend is how the world turns in the Philippines. Excellent reality check Joe!Respectfully -- Jake

Mik
Posted
Posted

I'm certain those foreigners would be happy to help "decongest the agency's detention center"..