Waking Up Dead

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There are a lot of expiates in the Philippines and other countries, many have family in other parts of the world.Has anyone considered what they want when their last day on earth passes. Will you be buried in the Philippines?What about those surviving family back home, do you think they would attend your funeral if held in the Philippines?Then there's the question of those who have bought their wife to their own country, When she passes away, would you return her to the Philippines so that her family could visit her grave?Just something to think about I guess 2245_safe.gif

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well to be perfectly honest I don't give a rats pa-toot ........ hey ... I'll be dead christmas_emoticons_187.gif ... don't care who attends my departure or if anyone does .... but I will be buried or cremated here in the Phils ..... don't want to spend money but would rather leave it for my SO to do with as she feels fit ... hopefully she will use it wisely to make the rest of her life a bit more comfortable ...... and knowing her as I do she will ...... just hope she won't go overboard on what ever services I get ..... By the way that is a very good question :9436: ...... most people don't like to think they won't live forever and make no plans what so ever ........ by the way did you know here in the Phils you can just have a hand written will with your signature .... doesn't need to be notarized or be drawn up by an attorney ...... all you need is for someone to swear under oath that that is your signature and it is all legal ...... :wt-hell: .... by the way if you haven't read up on the way things are divided up when you die here please do ... it's a gas ........ glad I don't have any relatives living over here ....... :1 (103): Coarse if your SO bumps you off she can draw up a will herself and have her new boyfriend swear to the signature ....... :kidding:

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

First, I have to pick on Boss Man Tom, how does one wake up when one is dead? SugarwareZ-011.gif I know I have woken up many a morning and thought I was dead :kidding: and I had to look around and touch myself all over (no not there :th_th7: ) to see if I was alive, because I was sure I was dead, because I sure felt like I was. :wt-hell: Next that is really a good question considering our circumstances, I told my wife to have me cremated if I die, no matter where we were at the time, and to toss my ashes in the ocean, that way she can always walk to the sea shore anywhere in the world and visit me and not feel that she had to go back to visit a grave somewhere which could be far away from where she ends up living, and that would only be if she felt the need to, no matter where in the world she is at the time. Next, since for the time being we live in both places, the US and the Philippines, I asked my wife what she would like me to do with her body when and if she died before I did, (which in my mind is not even a consideration because God bless her, she is very healthy and 20 years my junior), and we were out of the Philippines at the time, and she said that she really never thought of it and has no answer for me, :9436: so I can only pray she never gets ill while I am alive, and I will keep harping on her to give me an answer and pray that if that day should ever come, that we are in the Philippines when it happens. Last and an even worse thought which haunted me since before we married, Pay attention all in my situation, I would have no way of telling her family should something God forbid happen to her, since few if any speak much English, so my advice to everyone who may be in a situation like ours, it is a good idea to make sure she has friends who speak both your language and the language her family speaks and that you know how to contact them, and that you should have a list of her families phone numbers, or a contact person who could spread the word for you should that become a reality.Finally, there is a rumor which seems to travel around the Philippines that they believe a lot of foreigners marry their women and bring them back to our home countries and insure them and then kill them to collect the insurance. :wt-hell: My wife's family expressed that concern to me before we left and I had a hard time convincing them that it was only a rumor and very rarely happens in real life and that they had nothing to worry about, but since I was probably the first Kano they got to know, and I did not speak their language, they never fully believed me until I brought her back in one piece and healthy over a year later..... . So when we first got married and I brought my wife to the USA, I was quite concerned with how I would tell her family if something should God forbid have happened to her and would they believe me. :1 (103): My advice is to make sure your wife is not isolated once you bring her to your country and try to find her Filipina friends or acquaintances even before that day arrives, to make her and her family more comfortable ahead of time. That is what I did, and I even had a Filipina friends wife, speak to her on the phone before we even met trying to put her mind at ease, but the thought was still there and since our marriage and having met many couples like us, I have found that is a common thought :dreams: among most.

• Like 1

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
First, I have to pick on Boss Man Tom, how does one wake up when one is dead? SugarwareZ-011.gif
As a former winner of the Gold in the Olympic binge drinking event. (Freestyle) I can verify that I woke up dead several times. :th_thsmilies-29057: The doctor said I had dain bramage but I get by ok. I never really thought much about it because if I'm dead it really isn't my problem anymore. I know that's the short sided approach but I don't want anyone upstairs (or downstairs) to get the idea I am in a hurry.Like this Jamacian guy once said. Everybody want Heaven but nobody want dead. Edited by tom_shor

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
First, I have to pick on Boss Man Tom, how does one wake up when one is dead? SugarwareZ-011.gif
As a former winner of the Gold in the Olympic binge drinking event. (Freestyle) I can verify that I woke up dead several times. :AddEmoticons04230: The doctor said I had dain bramage but I get by ok. I never really thought much about it because if I'm dead it really isn't my problem anymore. I know that's the short sided approach but I don't want anyone upstairs (or downstairs) to get the idea I am in a hurry.Like this Jamacian guy once said. Everybody want Heaven but nobody want dead.
Well what about Wills,does anyone prepare a will and keep it up graded to their circumstances. I believe some make the mistake of placing their last wishes for burial in their will,but to my knowledge the will is not read till after.I know that once your dead its someone else's problem but to save the wife many problems I think its best that she knows your wishes and has a written will to sort out the rest. :th_thsmilies-29057: