No Common Sense?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Where is the common sense here in the Philippines at times.:whistling:Philippines Fireworks Blast Injures DozensOn Wednesday, a fireworks accident injured 56 people at a college in Subic Bay in the Philippines.The improvised fireworks, made with a soda bottle containing gunpowder, was used as a stage prop during a cheerleading dance competition.[Nelson dela Cruz, Senior Police Inspector, Subic Police]: (male, Tagalog)"They lit up the fireworks with their hands, while holding a bottle filled with gunpowder. The gunpowder was supposed to light up the fireworks. They squeezed all the contents in one bottle. When they poured it, the gunpowder didn't flow out and burst into flames. The bottle exploded in the person's hand, cutting it off and throwing shrapnel all around.”College administrators are being investigated as to whether they authorized the use of explosives inside the school.Most of the injured students were sent home while the seriously injured remain in hospital at a former U.S. naval base.Fireworks accidents are common in the Philippines due to poor quality and improper use.

Travis
Posted
Posted
Where is the common sense here in the Philippines at times.:whistling:Philippines Fireworks Blast Injures DozensOn Wednesday, a fireworks accident injured 56 people at a college in Subic Bay in the Philippines.The improvised fireworks, made with a soda bottle containing gunpowder, was used as a stage prop during a cheerleading dance competition.[Nelson dela Cruz, Senior Police Inspector, Subic Police]: (male, Tagalog)"They lit up the fireworks with their hands, while holding a bottle filled with gunpowder. The gunpowder was supposed to light up the fireworks. They squeezed all the contents in one bottle. When they poured it, the gunpowder didn't flow out and burst into flames. The bottle exploded in the person's hand, cutting it off and throwing shrapnel all around.”College administrators are being investigated as to whether they authorized the use of explosives inside the school.Most of the injured students were sent home while the seriously injured remain in hospital at a former U.S. naval base.Fireworks accidents are common in the Philippines due to poor quality and improper use.
common sense you really want common sense then you are in the wrong country. as they always say this is the Philippines & I have taken it to mean exactly what it means nothing makes sense here if you are a kano like me

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
common sense you really want common sense then you are in the wrong country. as they always say this is the Philippines & I have taken it to mean exactly what it means nothing makes sense here if you are a kano like me
What bothers me about things like glass bottles with gun powder etc is that when it goes wrong the people cant pay for proper medical treatment. I would really hate to know the long term injury's from cases like this because of stupid acts.

Jake
Posted
Posted
What bothers me about things like glass bottles with gun powder etc is that when it goes wrong the people cant pay for proper medical treatment. I would really hate to know the long term injury's from cases like this because of stupid acts.
Oh yeah, common sense is thrown out the window during New Years celebration in the Philippines. Each major hospital has empty buckets only to be quickly filled with various appendages blown off during the night. Mixed that with drinking spree, drugs and unauthorized firing of weapons......following morning, the front pages will be filled with grotesque disfigurement. I usually have my garden hose charged up just in case. And if you have children, please be extra strict in handling any sortof device. Even having a small cut will invite massive bacterial invasion -- many small fireworks have "fertilizer ingredients".Enough said -- Jake

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Oops it go boom!5387.gif1391.gif We were walking down the street in Olangapo a couple of days before New Years many years ago. It was early evening and we were approaching a construction area with bamboo scaffolding. A spark caught my attention and I grabbed my friends arm. He turned to me and said what. About four steps in front of us a firecracker went of that someone had inserted inside a bamboo support pole. Bamboo splinters went everywhere. My friend later picked a bunch out of the back of his jacket. Glad we didn't take two more steps. There was a filipino nearby with one of those sticks you light firecrackers with. He was laughing. He departed quickly when I asked him if he would like us to place one in his anus and light it. No sense at all. The firecrackers were those big triangular ones. About like an M80.

No name
Posted
Posted

I have to disagree again. I find the Philippines to be rich in common sense.They have laws written in such a way that if there common sense was not part of the system they law would be insane. If they followed the letter of the law the way we do in the USA we'd all be locked up.Being in the presence of minor that is not family is criminal here.On the other hand, I hear you, I've seen some people do some really stupid things here. Why would a woman make a baby with a married man that she knows is married and then wonder why he evaporates when she's bulging at the seams..... I've seen some expats do some stupid things. Sometimes I have no common sense and do stupid things. Sometimes its even fun, at first. :) Like fireworks. haha