Quick Question

brock
Posted
Posted

If I apply to make my 2 daughters British Citizens, Will they lose their Filipno Citizenship ?.Regards Brock.

sjp52
Posted
Posted
If I apply to make my 2 daughters British Citizens, Will they lose their Filipno Citizenship ?.Regards Brock.
I heard some where on this forum that Filipinos are allowed to have dual citizenship's. But don,t quote me on that

softail
Posted
Posted
http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=163&Itemid=83Sec 3. RETENTION OF PHILIPPINE CITIZENSHIP - Any provision of law to the contrary notwithstanding, natural-born citizens of the Philippines who have lost their Philippine citizenship by reason of their naturalization as citizens of a foreign country are hereby deemed to have re-acquired Philippine citizenship upon taking the following oath of allegiance to the Republic:"I _________________, solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines and obey the laws and legal orders promulgated by the duly constituted authorities of the Philippines, and I hereby declare that I recognize and accept the supreme authority of the Philippines and will maintain true faith and allegiance thereto; and that I impose this obligation upon myself voluntarily without mental reservation or purpose of evasion." Natural-born citizens of the Philippines who, after the effectivity of this Act, become citizens of a foreign country shall retain their Philippine citizenship upon taking the aforesaid oath.Doug and Sally

brock
Posted
Posted
http://immigration.g...d=163&Itemid=83Sec 3. RETENTION OF PHILIPPINE CITIZENSHIP - Any provision of law to the contrary notwithstanding, natural-born citizens of the Philippines who have lost their Philippine citizenship by reason of their naturalization as citizens of a foreign country are hereby deemed to have re-acquired Philippine citizenship upon taking the following oath of allegiance to the Republic:"I _________________, solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines and obey the laws and legal orders promulgated by the duly constituted authorities of the Philippines, and I hereby declare that I recognize and accept the supreme authority of the Philippines and will maintain true faith and allegiance thereto; and that I impose this obligation upon myself voluntarily without mental reservation or purpose of evasion." Natural-born citizens of the Philippines who, after the effectivity of this Act, become citizens of a foreign country shall retain their Philippine citizenship upon taking the aforesaid oath.Doug and Sally
Thanyou for that, but I think my daughters are too young to take any oath, only aged 3 and 5, But it looks as though they will be okRegards Brock.

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
I heard some where on this forum that Filipinos are allowed to have dual citizenship's. But don,t quote me on that
Was your wife a British citizen when they were born? In the case of my son, my wife was not yet a US citizen. She was a permanent resident for many years going through the process. Since my son was born while she was still a Filipino citizen, He was entitled to full citizenship of both countries and carries passports of both countries. My wife is now a dual citizen. We did file is birth with the Filipino embassy shortly after he was born. I think at the age of 18, he will have to declare or take the oath for dual citizenship.

brock
Posted
Posted
Was your wife a British citizen when they were born? In the case of my son, my wife was not yet a US citizen. She was a permanent resident for many years going through the process. Since my son was born while she was still a Filipino citizen, He was entitled to full citizenship of both countries and carries passports of both countries. My wife is now a dual citizen. We did file is birth with the Filipino embassy shortly after he was born. I think at the age of 18, he will have to declare or take the oath for dual citizenship.
No, My wife has never even been to Enland, Welllllll I call her my wife, I have married her 5 times, BUT, still not married.......lots of BS, Cons, Scams, So much sh&teeeeeeeeeeee, Just about given up, If I had hair I would pull it out.

stef
Posted
Posted
your daughters will not lose their Filipino citizenship .my daughter was born here the first thing i did was apply to the British embassy in manila for her British birth certificate once i had this i then applied for her British passport .after this i took her Philippine birth certificate and British passport to the DFA and applied for her Philippine passport which i got one week later.http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/how-register-birth-and-death/how-register-birth

brock
Posted
Posted
your daughters will not lose their Filipino citizenship .my daughter was born here the first thing i did was apply to the British embassy in manila for her British birth certificate once i had this i then applied for her British passport .after this i took her Philippine birth certificate and British passport to the DFA and applied for her Philippine passport which i got one week later.http://ukinthephilip...-register-birth
Thankyou very muchRegards Brock