Showing Up Unannounced

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Is the is filipino thing?...cause I can't count the number of times I have family members from a three hour province bus trip show up at my door, ayo...with us having any knowledge they are coming. Tonight we get a text that my better halfs sisters are coming, and about 10 minutes away. Since I am having the house inspected by the late landlords sister, and we getting the place ready to move out, felt this was beyond approach, and called the mom, and said they are not to come tonight, please let us know well in advance in the future, asking first, as we actually COULD be out then, or have items to take care of as we were this evening. This is foot down approach, and all it did was create a scene man, quite the scene. Her mom, and I talked tactful, respectful and intelligent, making it known the problems we are now having with NO landlord and expectations of us repairing items that are too silly to list...roof leaking?...no PVC piping in drainage pipe in CR with cement collapsing until the water has no where to go, and backing into a bacterial cesspool in the CR, painting?...began screaming and crying. So, since I am rude for calling the landlords sister during the funeral when the flooding of the CR happened with yet "another" problem, and rude for not allowing her sisters to now not just visit, but under sweet moms direct orders, actually live with us as they take care of THEIR problems without them living their, ignoring ours, I just wondered what happened to manners and actual belief that a foreigner could have problems that did not need two sisters living in a house that we are moving from, one sister a special needs child that requires 24/7 care? So, how good does this guarded sub division, call first thing work? :th_signs083:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Is the is filipino thing?...cause I can't count the number of times I have family members from a three hour province bus trip show up at my door, ayo...with us having any knowledge they are coming. Tonight we get a text that my better halfs sisters are coming, and about 10 minutes away. Since I am having the house inspected by the late landlords sister, and we getting the place ready to move out, felt this was beyond approach, and called the mom, and said they are not to come tonight, please let us know well in advance in the future, asking first, as we actually COULD be out then, or have items to take care of as we were this evening. This is foot down approach, and all it did was create a scene man, quite the scene. Her mom, and I talked tactful, respectful and intelligent, making it known the problems we are now having with NO landlord and expectations of us repairing items that are too silly to list...roof leaking?...no PVC piping in drainage pipe in CR with cement collapsing until the water has no where to go, and backing into a bacterial cesspool in the CR, painting?...began screaming and crying. So, since I am rude for calling the landlords sister during the funeral when the flooding of the CR happened with yet "another" problem, and rude for not allowing her sisters to now not just visit, but under sweet moms direct orders, actually live with us as they take care of THEIR problems without them living their, ignoring ours, I just wondered what happened to manners and actual belief that a foreigner could have problems that did not need two sisters living in a house that we are moving from, one sister a special needs child that requires 24/7 care? So, how good does this guarded sub division, call first thing work? :th_signs083:
Yes it is a Filipino thing and it seems they all do it, but luckily not to us without permission and I believe it is because most seem to be afraid of tall buildings SugarwareZ-005.gif and our guards do not let any Filipinos or faces they have not seen before up without permission. I believe a gated subdivisions, and some tips to the guards to not allow anyone in that you have not called first, to allow in would work for you as good as the condo seems to have worked for us. Ahhh the lengths we have to go to for peace and quiet.   SugarwareZ-007.gif   

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I'm not saying this does not happen in the west either. If I am close to a buddies house or family, I might just stop over and say hello. I'm simply shocked at the distance they arrive from, and a text as they are 5 minutes away or a ayo in front of the house, all inside shocked that such and such are here. If I call upon a family member in the states, or a friend pops over, and I am busy or they, it's no big deal...back in the car and 10 minutes later I am home. But I don't hop on a plane from Arizona to visit a cousins in Maspeth, Queens and arrive at the doorstep with cloths in hand and expect them to have a room ready for me. :shooter:

• 2 weeks later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Me personally, I don't tolerate it anymore! I just ignore the people I don't like who comes unannounced or I just tell them to leave before they get a chance to get too comfortable! I'm too old and not gullible anymore to put up with those kinds of bull sh&t or nonsense! Just have to put your foot down when justified! "Life is what you make it to be"!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Jake
Posted
Posted

If I remember correctly, you have a pretty good size dog. Maybe you could sharpen its teeth and teach him to recognize the scent of "unannounced visitors". Seriously, the wife or girlfriend needs to have a more stronger dialog to deal with invasion of privacy. Hopefully, you revealed your new location to only friends that can be trusted.Respectfully -- Jake