Clothing & Shoes

dnunez69
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone! I'm still about 5 years away from retirement, but you can't ever be too prepared. I'm 6'0" tall and 230lbs. (let's call it a 38 inch waist) and wear a size 13 (usa) shoes. Should I make arrangements to bring all of my clothing or will I be able to find my size in the Philippines?Thanks in advance!David

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi everyone! I'm still about 5 years away from retirement, but you can't ever be too prepared. I'm 6'0" tall and 230lbs. (let's call it a 38 inch waist) and wear a size 13 (usa) shoes. Should I make arrangements to bring all of my clothing or will I be able to find my size in the Philippines?Thanks in advance!David
Hi Dave, I have now shrunk to about 5'11" and I weigh about 210 lbs so I can relate.  There is no telling what will be in 5 years and it will depend on where in the Philippines you live, but I have found that if you are in major areas such as Makati and around Manila then you can find large sizes and in many other areas such as Cebu City you can find tailors and shoe makers to make what you need, but I have also found larger sizes in some of the larger stores in areas where many expats live and visit, so I have been able to buy clothing for myself in 38 inch waist and shirts in extra large and shoes in size 11 in Cebu City stores, and I have seen some size larger shoes but not in large supplies. My advice would be to bring the items you like and wish to start out with and once you find your way around then you can add to it with local made.

Travis
Posted
Posted
I only know Cebu City so shirts & pants & underwear no problem & shoes in SM there always seems to be some larger sizes since they are Shoe Mart so they better have shoes but not a large selection of larger sizes but who does have & SM is all over the Philippines so I can only guess that you should be able to find shoes all over too. also downstairs in SM the last time I looked was a place that makes custom leather products so you could always get them made if you do not find what you want

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I have mine shipped in from the states, especially shoes, since I am a size 13 EEEE. Long, AND thick feet.... :whistling:You can find stores, usually the bigger malls, that have cloths fitting your size at 6 foot and 230. But if you are one of those really big guys, 6'6 280 plus pounds...you would also have trouble finding your size, even in the west.... and would need to go to the big and tall store designed for your size. It makes no sense for a store to stock on those sizes because the vast majority of people are not Andre the Giant or Shaq. As a ex power lifter, american football player and taco lover, I always had trouble finding the right sizes, thus just stocking up on cloths and sending them here on a balikbayan box. However, like Lee, I am shrinking.... and expect to be 4'5 and 98 pounds in 2 years, making cloths buying more difficult on the other end of the spectrum.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
115615676210466_485704_midgets_in_mango_3.jpg Despite continued shrinking, Lee and the Inspector eventually take advantage of mother nature.... creating and starring in a moderately successful hip hop band called 50 centavo.

dnunez69
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have mine shipped in from the states, especially shoes, since I am a size 13 EEEE. Long, AND thick feet.... :whistling:You can find stores, usually the bigger malls, that have cloths fitting your size at 6 foot and 230. But if you are one of those really big guys, 6'6 280 plus pounds...you would also have trouble finding your size, even in the west.... and would need to go to the big and tall store designed for your size. It makes no sense for a store to stock on those sizes because the vast majority of people are not Andre the Giant or Shaq. As a ex power lifter, american football player and taco lover, I always had trouble finding the right sizes, thus just stocking up on cloths and sending them here on a balikbayan box. However, like Lee, I am shrinking.... and expect to be 4'5 and 98 pounds in 2 years, making cloths buying more difficult on the other end of the spectrum.
Edited by Boss Man
No new content here,please post again

The phantom menace
Posted
Posted
I have bought size 13 US shoes (sports type) at Robinsons Department Store in Manila but there was only 2 or 3 differant brands, which were imported ie Merrall etc.Could not find any local made brands at this size and none in a business type shoe.Hope this is of some help.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
The Inspector has big feet, and you know what they say about men with big feet...they tip too much.
Only when I wear high heels.