Davao City From Cebu Ferry?

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I am wondering if any posters know of a ferry that takes you directly from Cebu City to Davao City?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am wondering if any posters know of a ferry that takes you directly from Cebu City to Davao City?
I dont believe there is a ferry from Cebu to Davao,a flight is less than an hour.Someone might know of route but I think its Cebu to CDO then bus.http://www.cebuferries.com/http://www.superferry.com.ph/index.asp

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I dont believe there is a ferry from Cebu to Davao,a flight is less than an hour.Someone might know of route but I think its Cebu to CDO then bus.http://www.cebuferries.com/http://www.superferry.com.ph/index.asp
Thanks Tom...we just got our plane tickets at a local travel agency and they also verified this. Next week we will be there for a few days.....will post up the review of the place we are staying and the city itself. The agent stressed that outside the city is dangerous, but inside the vast land area of the city, it is safe. I was looking at the maybe eventual total move, and getting my dog directly there. I really have two options there.....PAL or the Ferry to CDO, and a drive to the city of Davao.Being it is outside the city to start, I might need to hide in the trunk until we arrive. 508.gif

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

The problem with a ferry is that it has to sail all the way around to the southern side of Mindanao to get to Davao. You will find it much more convenient to fly.However, if you have plenty of time and like sailing:-- I notice the superferry goes to Davao from Iloilo City. If you really wanted to go all the way by ferry, you could catch a ferry from Cebu City to Ilioilo City first. Then Superferry from Iloilo City to Davao. For that matter, you could catch a ferry to Manila first then travel to Davao from Manila.Trans Asia travels from Cebu City to Iloilo City. I haven't been on a ferry to Iloilo City but have been on a Trans Asia ship from Cebu City to Ozamiz City once and from Cebu City to CDO twice. The trip in a presidential suite is very nice. Last year on my trip coming back from Ozamiz City to Cebu City, I didn't want to end. I was happy with my balcony on the side of the ship and in room massage service for P300 per hour. If the presidential suite is as good to IlioIlo City, you should be happy. - There are several ferry options to Surigao City on Mindanao from cebu City, If you are looking for an alternative ferry/bus option. Although, I think the CDO route may be shorter. I have travelled on Filipinas Dapitan from Surigao City to Cebu. Not as comfortable as the Trans Asia. Regards; Jim Sibbick

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Jim...I assume all these ferries allow a dog on board? I assume this means a yes...from the Trans Asia website

7. What documents / permits do I need to secure? • Animals - Bureau of Animal Industry, Arellano Boulevard, Pier 2, Cebu• Cadaver - Death certificate and Permit to transfer from City Health, Gen. Maxilom Ave., Cebu• Rolling cargoes - Official receipt and Certificate of registration• Dangerous substances - Philippine Coast Guard, Pier 3, Cebu• Fish / Shellfish – Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources, Arellano Boulevard, Pier 2• Plants - Bureau of Plant and Industry, Arellano Boulevard, Pier 2, Cebu• Rice - National Food Authority, Banilad, Cebu• Sugar - Sugar Regulatory Administration, 2 nd floor, Rm 211 Martinez Bldg., Osmena Blvd.
19. Can I bring along my pet dog / cat with me? - Yes, you may bring your pet dog or cat on your trip but it must be placed in a kennel or secure cage preferably with a lining for the litter. You must secure a bill of lading, permit from Bureau of Animal Industry and pay for sea freight charges. The kennel will be placed along the aisle identified to be well ventilated for such cargo. Edited by Inspector

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Another question for the long time livers of the Philippines, and advice. To get a dog to Davao City, and taking him by ferry to CDO, from Cebu, how would I rent a car from there? If they have car rentals in CDO...can I hire a driver in CDO to drive to Davao City and allow him to return to CDO by himself, paying all fees associated...fuel, meals ect for the return trip as well?Or, would having a driver meet me at CDO from Davao City be a better idea?Or...are there any other methods?Seems PAL does not fly direct to Davao from Cebu, and I don't believe Cebu Pacific ships dogs, although I could be wrong on that. Anyway, what would be the safest and easiest way to hire a driver for that long of a trip? I was also thinking of renting a car myself from CDO, drive there, and then drive back to CDO the next day, and a bus the following back to Davao City.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Another question for the long time livers of the Philippines, and advice. To get a dog to Davao City, and taking him by ferry to CDO, from Cebu, how would I rent a car from there? If they have car rentals in CDO...can I hire a driver in CDO to drive to Davao City and allow him to return to CDO by himself, paying all fees associated...fuel, meals ect for the return trip as well?Or, would having a driver meet me at CDO from Davao City be a better idea?Or...are there any other methods?Seems PAL does not fly direct to Davao from Cebu, and I don't believe Cebu Pacific ships dogs, although I could be wrong on that. Anyway, what would be the safest and easiest way to hire a driver for that long of a trip? I was also thinking of renting a car myself from CDO, drive there, and then drive back to CDO the next day, and a bus the following back to Davao City.
It says here that Cebu Pacific do ship live animals,if so this is the easiest way to get there in my opinion as its a direct flight.http://emms.cebupacificair.com/products/faqs-cargo.html#q4

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Tom, you rock!That is the easiest by far, as it is only an hour flight.

What are the requirements for shipping live animals?
  • Shipping permit from the Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI)
  • Animals must be contained in strong cages (subject to inspection by the Cebu Pacific authorized personnel)