Whoops

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I find it hard to believe that someone in the US government is that stupid to display a countries flag wrong.  The U.S. government said Sunday it made an "honest mistake" when it displayed an inverted Philippine flag — which wrongfully signified that the Southeast Asian nation was in a state of war — in a meeting hosted by President Barack Obama.The complete story here

post-40-086231900 1285523677_thumb.png

oldutot
Posted
Posted
I find it hard to believe that someone in the US government is that stupid to display a countries flag wrong. The U.S. government said Sunday it made an "honest mistake" when it displayed an inverted Philippine flag — which wrongfully signified that the Southeast Asian nation was in a state of war — in a meeting hosted by President Barack Obama.The complete story here
I have flew the U.S. flag a few times upside down at the schools that I have worked at. whistling.gifth_imstupid.gif

Steve
Posted
Posted
I find it hard to believe that someone in the US government is that stupid to display a countries flag wrong. 
I can, it's probably one of the same ones that voted for the current government cabinet.........LOL

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Hey not so hard to believe. The president of the Philippines sat right in front of it and didn't notice.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hey not so hard to believe. The president of the Philippines sat right in front of it and didn't notice.
From the photo I doubt if I would have noticed it either.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised that anyone can identify any flag other than the flag of their own country... much less notice an improper orientation. I can't even recognize the flags of the other States of the United States (now let's see... who does that "Stars n Bars" belong to?)... much less the flags of other countries. I guess I'm just patriotic and exalted symbolism challenged any-help.gif.Tom in Texas

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Most of us would have a hard time knowing which side is up on most flags but the people who put them up have a book and should use it to make sure they are doing things correctly, after all that is their job to get it correct, as to not insult another country. My guess is that they were just too lazy or possibly did it on purpose and either way there is no excuse IMO.