Chinese Most Numerous Foreigners In Rp

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well now we know just how many I-card holding foreigners are in the Philippines, I wonder if they will come out with statistics of how man non I- card holders they know or suspect are in the Philippines.People from the People’s Republic of China top the list of aliens registered with the Bureau of Immigration.Records from the Bureau of Immigration showed that 59,906 Chinese citizens account for the bulk of the 183,804 aliens who have been issued the so-called ACR I-Card by the bureau as of September 16 this year.The I-Card replaced the paper-based Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) that the BI previously issued to registered aliens.Koreans with 27,116 and Americans with 24,209 ranked second and third, respectively, in the same BI list followed by Indians and Japanese with 22,935 and 8,723 respectively.Immigration Alien Registration Chief Danilo Almeda also reported that 49,137 expatriates account for the bulk of the I-Card holders while 31,921 native-born foreigners and 18,228 foreign students ranked second and third, respectively.He said the government earned a total of P2 billion in fees paid by I-Card applicants. A total of 89,327 foreigners are holders of permanent resident or immigrant visas in the country while 84,890 others are considered non-immigrants.Almeda explained that under the rules, a foreigner who registers with the BI after being a granted a visa is issued an ACR I-Card as proof of his lawful residence status in the country.This story here