Pets (Cemetary)

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

My cat just died. I found him on the streets of Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 3 years ago. He was a kitten then. Brought him to Korea, where a shortage of cat food variety may have lead to his obesity, contributing to his early death (I reserve the right to duck blame). I post it here because he was kind of an emotional replacement at the time for the dog we left behind in the Philippines, Pekang the Flirt. The poor family on the squatter hill beside us had a litter of puppies which my pregnant wife adopted one from. She was the runt of the litter, smaller and sicker than the rest. Fortunately, we had the money to get her worms taken care of, and nurse her to health, where she, 3 months later, was nearly twice the size of the biggest at birth, her brother, the only other survivor. But we left the Philippines for Taiwan, and left a heart-broken Pekang with tatay on the (squatter) hill. Now, nearly 4 years later, we're preparing to move back to the PI in a month with our remaining pet, a sh&tzu we rescued from a neglecting couple, our friends. I'm just wondering what your experiences have been with pets in the PI?It seems as though in the Philippines, animals are free to breed without condoms, and run rampant. Skinny dogs guard villas in squatter areas, while cats wash the dishes with their tongues. You're welcome to adopt them as your pet, but feel free to re-release them to the wild (squatter-hood) if need be. They thrive in the dog-eat-dog conditions. I dunno... comments or personal stories of pets in PI? I love my cat, named Farmer, but am glad he died before the expensive move.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)
n656360559_711758_9063.jpgn656360559_197446_3912.jpg Upon reading my post, it's possible someone could mistakenly read veiled insults to Filipinos in a couple places. This is not a metaphor, where I compare Filipinos to animals. I'm actually talking about my pets, and joking about them, sincerely. Sorry if anyone may misinterpret the first time through. In the world of forums, this forum is the cleanest I've ever seen, and I'd never disrespect it as such. Edited by ekimswish

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Upon reading my post, it's possible someone could mistakenly read veiled insults to Filipinos in a couple places. This is not a metaphor, where I compare Filipinos to animals. I'm actually talking about my pets, and joking about them, sincerely. Sorry if anyone may misinterpret the first time through. In the world of forums, this forum is the cleanest I've ever seen, and I'd never disrespect it as such.
Thank you for your comments on Toms (Boss Mans) forum, and for clearing up your above post. :541: and thanks for the photos! :541: Our condolences to you and your family on farmer.I find it a shame how most animals are treated in the Philippines, but I also find it a shame how many Filipinos are treated too. In my wifes village there was a family cat who roamed the house to keep the insects, mice and lizards under control and one time while eating chicken that I had paid for, my wifes uncle got upset with me for feeding the fat to the cat because I try to not eat the fat when at all possible. I have seen dogs and cats kicked and it hurts me because I always grew up with animals and found comfort in their affection and devotion. I had to give my dog away years ago when I moved to Florida only to find out that for a little more rent the apartment we moved to would have allowed me to keep him and when I got divorced from my first wife, she got the parrot but brought her back for visits when she went on vacations. I vowed to never own a pet again unless we settled into one place, so we just get to enjoy our friends pets nowadays and maybe someday we will have a pet again because they give so much and ask for so little.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Upon reading my post, it's possible someone could mistakenly read veiled insults to Filipinos in a couple places. This is not a metaphor, where I compare Filipinos to animals. I'm actually talking about my pets, and joking about them, sincerely. Sorry if anyone may misinterpret the first time through. In the world of forums, this forum is the cleanest I've ever seen, and I'd never disrespect it as such.
It's always sad to hear one of your beloved family members passed away, In this case, your cat name Farmer. And the story about leaving your dog behind after you nurtured her back to health shows a lot about your heart.As far as I'm concern, I found no malice or insults -- this forum is indeed the cleanest one in town. If only thisguy Jake could stop making dirty and nasty little comments (totally irrelevant at times), then this forum wouldbe squeaky clean he, he.....Respectfully -- Jake

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Its been a long time since I owned a pet,sometimes I miss not having a dog but with no pets it allows more freedom as not needing to have someone look after them while I'm away.doghug2.gif

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Its been a long time since I owned a pet,sometimes I miss not having a dog but with no pets it allows more freedom as not needing to have someone look after them while I'm away.doghug2.gif
Which is why I'm glad he's gone. Makes receiving condolences a bit of a guilty feeling, since I couldn't be more relieved, lol.

brock
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife tells me their used to be a chinese woman in Lahug that would buy cats, and she would pay more money if the cats were just one colour, Presumably for the fur.This video is sickening, I wish something could be done about it...Terrible video, so be warned, Adults only, see whats going on in the world.http://www.youtube.c...&has_verified=1

Edited by brock