Expat Singers Wanted For National Anthem-

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Philippines to jail out-of-tune singers of anthemMust be April the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MANILA: The Philippine House of Representatives has passed a bill that would send to jail people who sing out of tune the country's national anthem, Congress records showed on Tuesday. The bill, approved on Monday by the congressmen, seeks to impose two years imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 pesos ($2,298) for those who sing the national anthem, Lupang Hinirang, out of tune. "Lupang Hinirang should be sung in a marching-type tempo, within the range of 100 to 120 metronome, in 4/4 beat and 2/4 beat when played," the bill said. The bill also requires all citizens to stand at attention and sing with fervour as a sign of respect when the national anthem is played at public gatherings. The House of Representatives will forward the bill to the Senate for consideration. The senate can adopt it or draft a similar bill. A consolidated bill approved by both houses is then sent to the president to be signed into law. :icon_GreatJobKao:http://timesofindia....how/6689603.cms

Jake
Posted
Posted
Philippines to jail out-of-tune singers of anthemMust be April the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MANILA: The Philippine House of Representatives has passed a bill that would send to jail people who sing out of tune the country's national anthem, Congress records showed on Tuesday. The bill, approved on Monday by the congressmen, seeks to impose two years imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 pesos ($2,298) for those who sing the national anthem, Lupang Hinirang, out of tune. "Lupang Hinirang should be sung in a marching-type tempo, within the range of 100 to 120 metronome, in 4/4 beat and 2/4 beat when played," the bill said. The bill also requires all citizens to stand at attention and sing with fervour as a sign of respect when the national anthem is played at public gatherings. The House of Representatives will forward the bill to the Senate for consideration. The senate can adopt it or draft a similar bill. A consolidated bill approved by both houses is then sent to the president to be signed into law. :icon_GreatJobKao:http://timesofindia....how/6689603.cms
I would probably be imprisoned for life. Hell, I can't even fart a tune. Besides that, WTF is metronome, in 4/4 and 2/4 beats anyway??I could only produce an F sharp note when "dropping off the kids at the pool".Farting My Way -- Jake

No name
Posted
Posted

LOL, I thought that said swingers......Guess you know where my mind is.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)

The part about all citizens must stand at attention and sing with "fervor" as a sign of respect when it's played at public gatherings sounds a bit Mao Tse Tung or North Korean'ish. There was a basketball player, Mahmoud Abdul Rauf - formerly Chris Jackson - who was ousted from the NBA years ago for refusing to stand to the star spangled banner, but that was done secretly. Now he's a player in Japan. As a kid, I thought a part of our Canadian anthem said, "We stand on God for thee," which sounded kind of bad-ass, like country before god. Now, I know it's to "stand on guard for thee." I always sang it the other way, thinking that's how it was.

Edited by ekimswish