Cop And Gun

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was out one night having a few beers. Bumped into another foreigner and got on well chatting, etc.We decided to grab a cab down to Mango Ave. We paid the fare, got out and as my mate shut the rear door the window shattered. The driver accused him of kicking it in! He didn't...it just shattered...it was a decrepid heap of crap anyway. We shrugged our shoulders and headed into a bar. 10 mins later the taxi driver enters the bar with a couple of guys who ask us to go outside. They claim to be police officers and start questioning about the window. I commented that it was BS and didn't believe they were policemen as they weren't in uniform. I turned to head back into the bar and one of them grabbed my shoulder and as I turned he had a gun at my head. He demanded we go to the police station. I said only in a recognisable police vehicle....these could be any nut cases on the street. A car arrived within 5 minutes and off we went to the station. The main man there starts questioning...I ask why was it necessary to ....pointing to the man....him to pull a gun on me? Well, the look of suprise and innocence and the denial was laughable.Some talking amongst them and the taxi driver led to me being asked to leave. Not without my friend I stated. Silence. Them looking at each other. I took 1,000 peso note from my wallet, put it on the table and said to my mate...come on, we're outta here.Couldn't believe it....they didn't stop us.Were they scared I'd file a complaint about the gun pull on me or was I that much under the influence that , even when the gun was at my head, I didn't feel an ounce of fear. :(

Edited by roy2cebu

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I was out one night having a few beers. Bumped into another foreigner and got on well chatting, etc.We decided to grab a cab down to Mango Ave. We paid the fare, got out and as my mate shut the rear door the window shattered. The driver accused him of kicking it in! He didn't...it just shattered...it was a decrepid heap of crap anyway. We shrugged our shoulders and headed into a bar. 10 mins later the taxi driver enters the bar with a couple of guys who ask us to go outside. They claim to be police officers and start questioning about the window. I commented that it was BS and didn't believe they were policemen as they weren't in uniform. I turned to head back into the bar and one of them grabbed my shoulder and as I turned he had a gun at my head. He demanded we go to the police station. I said only in a recognisable police vehicle....these could be any nut cases on the street. A car arrived within 5 minutes and off we went to the station. The main man there starts questioning...I ask why was it necessary to ....pointing to the man....him to pull a gun on me? Well, the look of suprise and innocence and the denial was laughable.Some talking amongst them and the taxi driver led to me being asked to leave. Not without my friend I stated. Silence. Them looking at each other. I took 1,000 peso note from my wallet, put it on the table and said to my mate...come on, we're outta here.Couldn't believe it....they didn't stop us.Were they scared I'd file a complaint about the gun pull on me or was I that much under the influence that , even when the gun was at my head, I didn't feel an ounce of fear. :(
lol,I wonder how they split the P1000Other than the gun did they have or show any police badge or Id?

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

No, they didn't show any police ID which is why I refused to get in the car unless it was a real police car. That arrived soon after and off we went to the station. Maybe they weren't cops, just friends of the taxi driver. Maybe that's how I walked so easily cos they weren't police and the gun pulling complaint cast another issue over the situation. Who knows?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

You know there is an election gun ban in effect? Only uniformed police and military can carry firearms in public. COMELEC gives out a few permits to the well connected to carry concealed in plain cloths.

Jake
Posted
Posted
No, they didn't show any police ID which is why I refused to get in the car unless it was a real police car. That arrived soon after and off we went to the station. Maybe they weren't cops, just friends of the taxi driver. Maybe that's how I walked so easily cos they weren't police and the gun pulling complaint cast another issue over the situation. Who knows?
It's a good thing you kept your cool. Sounds like those guys are just punks with a gun and obviously had connection with the PNP. They wouldn't be so macho if they weren't packin', then it would be a fair fight, down and dirty.Respectfully -- Jake

• 2 weeks later...
BigMoneyBruce
Posted
Posted

Thanks so much for the post Roy. I find it helpful info that could benifit me and will make me safely question more things in my mind. Although I do not think this is a funny haha issue kida scarry. I do wonder how the situation would have progressed if you had not dropped the p1000 Hmmm.