Smartphones Abroad: What To Know Before You Go

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I turn off my international service online before leaving for an overseas trip but I wonder how many of you have used your smart phones overseas and how bad the bill actually was? "For every $7,000 phone bill that you hear about, there are about 100 others that don't get media attention and actually end up paying their bill," Elliott said. "So carriers want to keep that going."The complete story HERE

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

OMG! My cellphone is on Globe roaming while in California on vacation! It costs me P25 per text message per 160 characters! No way I use it for calling! I just use my Magic Jack and Skype for local and international calling, it's free and way cheaper!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I turn off my international service online before leaving for an overseas trip but I wonder how many of you have used your smart phones overseas and how bad the bill actually was? "For every $7,000 phone bill that you hear about, there are about 100 others that don't get media attention and actually end up paying their bill," Elliott said. "So carriers want to keep that going."The complete story HERE
The story says her bill was $700 but down further they add a 0 to it,,,, "For every $7,000 phone bill that you hear about,