10-10-10 Anyone Superstitious?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Anyone planning anything special for 10-10-10? It might be a great day to get married. Will 10-10-10 this Sunday Bring Luck?MANILA, Philippines — Couples planning to get married usually pick a date that they consider “lucky.” This Sunday, October 10, 2010 or “10-10- 10” is said to be one of them. But an official (Caloocan Bp Deogracias Iñiguez) of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) is not convinced dismissing it as mere superstition. “That’s a superstition. That 10-10-10 is a superstition… or that there is a lucky date,” Caloocan Bishop Deogracias Iñiguez, CBCP Public Affairs Committee chairman, said. Incidentally this year, October has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays. It happens once in 823 years. Iñiquez said couples should not believe in superstitions, saying the success of their marriage lies solely on them. “What is important is the love that they have for each other,” said Iniguez. “So they should not entirely depend on that,” he added. To recall, many churches in the country were fully booked in 2008 when a number of couples chose to get married on Aug. 8, 2008, or “8-8-8.”

Jake
Posted
Posted
Anyone planning anything special for 10-10-10? It might be a great day to get married. Will 10-10-10 this Sunday Bring Luck?MANILA, Philippines — Couples planning to get married usually pick a date that they consider “lucky.” This Sunday, October 10, 2010 or “10-10- 10” is said to be one of them. But an official (Caloocan Bp Deogracias Iñiguez) of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) is not convinced dismissing it as mere superstition. “That’s a superstition. That 10-10-10 is a superstition… or that there is a lucky date,” Caloocan Bishop Deogracias Iñiguez, CBCP Public Affairs Committee chairman, said. Incidentally this year, October has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays. It happens once in 823 years. Iñiquez said couples should not believe in superstitions, saying the success of their marriage lies solely on them. “What is important is the love that they have for each other,” said Iniguez. “So they should not entirely depend on that,” he added. To recall, many churches in the country were fully booked in 2008 when a number of couples chose to get married on Aug. 8, 2008, or “8-8-8.”
As long as nobody's talking about a global computer virus happening on that date, then it's just an idle rumor spreading around. However, as far as superstition is concern, maybe I should try my luck in buying some lotto tickets this Sunday.Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

To me, it's just an easy number to remember in case of one's anniversary! No excuse to forget 10-10-10!!!!!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

only 3 hours to go and my 10/10/10 is over,nothing eventful,just another day 23_11_60[2].gif