Pnp Prevents American From Leaving Country

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Wow, one can be arrested for having fake bullets! Sure does not seem like a democracy to me if that is true.The complete story hereAn American citizen, reportedly a back-up dancer of American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert was prevented from leaving the country after he was caught carrying 18 pieces of M-16 ammunition inside the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.The 20-year-old dancer said he bought the faux bullets in New York City and uses it as props in his shows.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Wow, one can be arrested for having fake bullets! Sure does not seem like a democracy to me if that is true.The complete story hereAn American citizen, reportedly a back-up dancer of American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert was prevented from leaving the country after he was caught carrying 18 pieces of M-16 ammunition inside the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.The 20-year-old dancer said he bought the faux bullets in New York City and uses it as props in his shows.
That PNP aviation officer, a PO1 junior officer is just doing his job. In light of recent screw ups regarding the Philippine police,they are trying to improve their image by following everything by the book this time. In this case, a gun ban is in effect for this upcoming election. Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

The guy was just detained and released after confirming the bullets were in deed just props and didn't contain any active explosives in the shells! Another typical over-kill, over reactive law enforcement officials who can not do their jobs in a more expeditious manner and have to go public with the news media and all! Can't they just do their jobs without all the suspense and drama showing up on public TV? The more they expose themselves in the media, the more the press and other officials will nit pick in how law enforcements are doing their jobs! Case in point, the bus hostage incident! What a screwed up fiasco! So, what goes around, comes around! Hope it's with lessons learned!

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I could see it happening all the time. To get into the NAIA airport terminal you go through a metal detector and luggage goes through the x-ray scanner.Not many airports check you when entering the terminal. It is when you get to the boarding areas that the x-ray and metal detectors are used. It must have been in his luggage he planed to check in. Not a good idea to take it as carry on in any airport I would say.Definitely to much drama though. Sorry but unless they were plastic, everyone of the bullets would need to be checked out. To easy to make a "Zip" gun. Take the guy to a non public area, conduct a quick inspection and be done with it.