Things That Go "wick Wick" In The Night

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Another member and myself have been talking about the spooky side to the Philippines, particularly the Aswang. I was wondering what supernatural things you've heard about in the Philippines, or experienced yourself, possibly, and what you think about it. My wife scoffs at my rationalized explanations for the Aswang, saying they've had so many experiences with them, that they don't need to be convinced. Will I one day arrive at the same conclusion? Or will I be dead before I get there? :lol:

Jake
Posted
Posted
Another member and myself have been talking about the spooky side to the Philippines, particularly the Aswang. I was wondering what supernatural things you've heard about in the Philippines, or experienced yourself, possibly, and what you think about it. My wife scoffs at my rationalized explanations for the Aswang, saying they've had so many experiences with them, that they don't need to be convinced. Will I one day arrive at the same conclusion? Or will I be dead before I get there? :signnvm:
Source of information: WikipediaAswang -- an inherently evil vampire-like female creature with wings. Aswangs are also shapeshifters with the sound tik-tik it produces. (Now, this is interesting) -- throwing semen at Aswang is also said to irritate them. Along with semen, phallic objects are supposed to make the aswang terrified.Kapre -- creature that could be described as a tree demon, but with more human characteristics. Tall 7-9ft, brown, hairy male with a beard, smoking a big tobacco pipe, will consistently follow its love interest throughout its life.White lady -- female ghost who have died or suffered trauma in life. Also common term in other countries.My personal experience was in Cavite City in southern Luzon. Judy and I was returning home after seeing a late night movie. We noticed that our street was completely empty (around 10PM), except for some tanods and other men with long sticks. They warned Judy to get inside quickly because of reports of a Kapre, apparently in heat. My doubts were immediately erased when I saw Judy's body trembling with fear. We stayed home for the next few days, as we heard more reports of rocks being thrown onto roofs. The winds were calm, especially at night. I'm an instant believer and it still gives me chills today.Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I'm a non-believer of all those superstitious Filipino nonsense and I'm a Fil/Am who has lived in the Philippines 24 years out of my 62 years of age! As the saying goes;"Don't fear the dead, but of that of the living!" SugarwareZ-004.gif

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Another member and myself have been talking about the spooky side to the Philippines, particularly the Aswang. I was wondering what supernatural things you've heard about in the Philippines, or experienced yourself, possibly, and what you think about it. My wife scoffs at my rationalized explanations for the Aswang, saying they've had so many experiences with them, that they don't need to be convinced. Will I one day arrive at the same conclusion? Or will I be dead before I get there? :signnvm:
Source of information: WikipediaAswang -- an inherently evil vampire-like female creature with wings. Aswangs are also shapeshifters with the sound tik-tik it produces. (Now, this is interesting) -- throwing semen at Aswang is also said to irritate them. Along with semen, phallic objects are supposed to make the aswang terrified.Kapre -- creature that could be described as a tree demon, but with more human characteristics. Tall 7-9ft, brown, hairy male with a beard, smoking a big tobacco pipe, will consistently follow its love interest throughout its life.White lady -- female ghost who have died or suffered trauma in life. Also common term in other countries.My personal experience was in Cavite City in southern Luzon. Judy and I was returning home after seeing a late night movie. We noticed that our street was completely empty (around 10PM), except for some tanods and other men with long sticks. They warned Judy to get inside quickly because of reports of a Kapre, apparently in heat. My doubts were immediately erased when I saw Judy's body trembling with fear. We stayed home for the next few days, as we heard more reports of rocks being thrown onto roofs. The winds were calm, especially at night. I'm an instant believer and it still gives me chills today.Respectfully -- Jake
Too bad the Kapre can't play basketball for their national team.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
A Kapre on heat,lol, come on,did you smell the pipe tobacco in the air.Think about it,where would a creature half tree half human get a pipe and tobacco,then be able to light it.7 to 9 feet tall,should see it coming,at night you might see the glow of the pipe.Sorry for knocking your belief on this one Jake but really,if there was such a thing,why has there never been one caught or found.:signnvm: :cheersty: :lol:

Jake
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I suppose you're right. My modern and civilized mind is on your side of the argument. It was just at that momentwhen intense fear was in the air, in this case an empty street except for tanods and big guys with sticks. I tried to injectsome humor to Judy that maybe the Kapre was a Bakla and was after me instead. No, she continued to tremble likethere was no tomorrow.As far as the Aswang is concern, I would lose big time in trying to terrify them. I mean, how could I gather enough semento throw against them. And displaying my "phallic" would probably kill them from laughter.I get no respect sometimes -- Jake