More Data Required Of Us-Bound Travellers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder how many people will end up misidentified and refused flight entry, and how long it might take to clear up? Probably best to make reservations way in advance if anyone is planning on bringing someone back to the US or traveling to the US themselves.MANILA, Philippines—Starting October 15 and in compliance with a new security measure, United States-bound airline passengers from the Philippines will be required to provide detailed personal information before taking their flight, Philippine Airlines said in a news release.So PAL’s US-bound passengers will be asked to give their complete name (as reflected in the passport), date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number, visa number, and address at destination in the US, PAL said.The complete story here

United Army
Posted
Posted

Well all I can say is, if they deny me entry back to the US, I will be one pissed of American!!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Well  all I can say is, if they deny me entry back to  the US, I will  be one  pissed of American!!
I doubt they will deny you or any of us but they might deny your wife or others wives depending on what there maiden name was, if you or they do not file way ahead of time and give them time to work out the kinks.

Jake
Posted
Posted

"These pieces of information are required under the Secure Flight Program, a new security measure being implemented by the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS)"Well, another security program to clog up the data base with new bugs for Homeland Security. It's suppose to streamlinearrivals and departures as compared to the old security system. As with any new computer program as massive as this, expect delays and mis-ID. As Lee suggested, book well in advance.Jake

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It appears the EU and British officials are not happy with this either.  So is it the $14 or or not wanting to kowtow to the Americans? Travel sure is getting complicated and annoying nowadays.U.S. travel rules make waves across the pond The Financial Times reported Wednesday that Martin Broughton aired his complaint in a question-and-answer session with journalists on Tuesday. British Airways says the report was accurate but it does not have a text of Broughton's remarks.Broughton says that some of the security measures demanded by the United States are not imposed on internal U.S. flights.Broughton was quoted as saying that British officials should not "kowtow to the Americans every time they want something done."The EU said it has privacy concerns related to "Electronic System for Travel Authorization," which requires passengers to also pay a $14 fee before travel.EU spokesman Michele Cercone said Wednesday the bloc is still considering whether the payment is akin to a visa fee.The EU and the U.S. waive visas for their trans-Atlantic travelers.