Foreigners Owning Guns

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I believe this story should end the discussion whether foreigners can own guns or not, that member Uzi decided to challenge and argue about HEREThe complete story here The licensed firearms of American businessman Robert Nicolas Granthom was released yesterday after Judge Soliver Peras signed the motion to release them.Atty. Noel Archival, counsel of Granthom, told The FREEMAN over phone interview that the firearms were released around 3:30 p.m. yesterday.Granthom, 41, through Archival, has filed a motion in court to release his licensed firearms.Archival said the low-powered firearms are still under the custody of Peras but he added they will gradually get back all the firearms of Granthom.Peras has ordered his sheriff to accompany Granthom and Archival as they bring the firearms to the residence of Granthom to avoid being apprehended because of the existing gun ban because of the barangay election.The firearms were confiscated from the custody of Granthom in his residence on V. Ranudo St., Barangay Cogon-Ramos, Cebu City with the virtue of search warrant issued by Peras.Operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) were able to confiscate CZ 9mm pistol, a Walther P22 with silencer, a H&K 9 mm pistol, a Walther G22 rifle, and a KWC airsoft pistol, a 10 M-16 magazines, three boxes of Remington 9mm ammunition, another box containing live 9mm rounds, a box of M-16 rounds, a box containing caliber .45 cal. rounds, a .45 cal. barrel, and 41 .45 cal. rounds.

Jake
Posted
Posted
I believe this story should end the discussion whether foreigners can own guns or not, that member Uzi decided to challenge and argue about HERE. The complete story here The licensed firearms of American businessman Robert Nicolas Granthom was released yesterday after Judge Soliver Peras signed the motion to release them.Atty. Noel Archival, counsel of Granthom, told The FREEMAN over phone interview that the firearms were released around 3:30 p.m. yesterday.Granthom, 41, through Archival, has filed a motion in court to release his licensed firearms.Archival said the low-powered firearms are still under the custody of Peras but he added they will gradually get back all the firearms of Granthom.Peras has ordered his sheriff to accompany Granthom and Archival as they bring the firearms to the residence of Granthom to avoid being apprehended because of the existing gun ban because of the barangay election.The firearms were confiscated from the custody of Granthom in his residence on V. Ranudo St., Barangay Cogon-Ramos, Cebu City with the virtue of search warrant issued by Peras.Operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) were able to confiscate CZ 9mm pistol, a Walther P22 with silencer, a H&K 9 mm pistol, a Walther G22 rifle, and a KWC airsoft pistol, a 10 M-16 magazines, three boxes of Remington 9mm ammunition, another box containing live 9mm rounds, a box of M-16 rounds, a box containing caliber .45 cal. rounds, a .45 cal. barrel, and 41 .45 cal. rounds.
Thanks Lee for the update.  Judge Peras, who initially ordered the search warrant which resulted in the confiscationof Granthom's firearms made a mistake based on NBI's error in the identification of Granthom.  It was only one letteroff (his real middle name Sembrano was misread as Sombrano) and therefore the NBI arrested him because there was no one under that misread name to be in legal possession of weapons.  The question remain:  did someone drop a dime on him to begin with?  Good thing the AMERICAN hired an excellent attorney.  Respectfully -- Jake

UZI
Posted
Posted
I believe this story should end the discussion whether foreigners can own guns or not, that member Uzi decided to challenge and argue about HERE. The complete story here The licensed firearms of American businessman Robert Nicolas Granthom was released yesterday after Judge Soliver Peras signed the motion to release them.Atty. Noel Archival, counsel of Granthom, told The FREEMAN over phone interview that the firearms were released around 3:30 p.m. yesterday.Granthom, 41, through Archival, has filed a motion in court to release his licensed firearms.Archival said the low-powered firearms are still under the custody of Peras but he added they will gradually get back all the firearms of Granthom.Peras has ordered his sheriff to accompany Granthom and Archival as they bring the firearms to the residence of Granthom to avoid being apprehended because of the existing gun ban because of the barangay election.The firearms were confiscated from the custody of Granthom in his residence on V. Ranudo St., Barangay Cogon-Ramos, Cebu City with the virtue of search warrant issued by Peras.Operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) were able to confiscate CZ 9mm pistol, a Walther P22 with silencer, a H&K 9 mm pistol, a Walther G22 rifle, and a KWC airsoft pistol, a 10 M-16 magazines, three boxes of Remington 9mm ammunition, another box containing live 9mm rounds, a box of M-16 rounds, a box containing caliber .45 cal. rounds, a .45 cal. barrel, and 41 .45 cal. rounds.
I said I wouldn't post here again after it was clear there is only one POV allowed here but as Lee has gone out of his way to PM me an invite to join this thread & refer to me by name ok.WELL DONE LEE - YOU WIN....if that is what you want to hear BUT if you want MY POV then:1. this story has been running for a month. Strange that no newspaper thought it was worth mentioning he was an AMERICAN businessman....???2. You use a newspaper article as PROOF of your arguement - good call as we all know that the news here only reports true facts.3. Where does it say he is an American CITIZEN and not a FILIPINO citizen. FYI........
Granthom's family resides in the United States. His mother works there  as a physician while his American father is a retired medicine  manufacturer.Cebu Daily News
....but yeah, you go out & get your licenses & stock up your condos, then quote The Freeman newspaper in defence....good luck with that.BTW
Uzi decided to challenge and argue about here
It takes 2 to argue & you are doing a damn fine job. So carry on if it is THAT important to you but I have given my last comment on this subject. :yes:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
I said I wouldn't post here again after it was clear there is only one POV allowed here
No Uzi, you said you would not post here because you feel only your POV is valid.  I gave you the courtesy of inviting you to a topic (to read) in which I mentioned your forum name due to an earlier discussion, and not because I wished you to post, I did not, and since I took you at your earlier word that you would no longer post, I did not expect you to post and instead expected you to be a man of your word. I am now sorry I gave you the courtesy of notifying you that you might have been wrong in your earlier assumption. Rest assured that I will not repeat my mistake in the future. Either way, the news backs up what gun shops have told me can be done, so I do not need any more convincing and my guess is neither do our other members. As I said before, all it takes is money and knowing the right people. Then on top of that Uzi, your current statement is irrational  
"..but yeah, you go out & get your licenses & stock up your condos, then quote The Freeman newspaper in defence....good luck with that. "  
  If I had a license and legal firearms, then I would not need the newspaper for a defense.    :yes: Edited by Mr. Lee
add quote boxes for clarity

Jake
Posted
Posted

"Where does it say he is an American CITIZEN and not a FILIPINO citizen". FYI......according to reporter Maylen P. Manto of Freeman Opinion section of Philippine Star dated Oct 16, 2010 and highlighted in Lee's post for reference, the bold headings reads: Court orders release of American bizman's guns Jake

No name
Posted
Posted
I believe this story should end the discussion whether foreigners can own guns or not, that member Uzi decided to challenge and argue about HERE.
Boy, sometimes I wish I hadn't made my new rule, to be positive.So UZI, nothing to say?Oh, never mind.. I read you're reply now.   Unbelievable.

No name
Posted
Posted
It takes 2 to argue & you are doing a damn fine job. So carry on if it is THAT important to you but I have given my last comment on this subject. :yes:
It only takes one [insert your own word here] to be wrong.

No name
Posted
Posted

Thanks Lee!I'm going to add that story to my eBook.I wish I could find the article spelling out how one can obtain the permitsI contacted a self defence school yesterday. They are in Subic. I really want to get the paperwork to make it happen for me. I wonder if one has to be a resident though.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks Lee!I'm going to add that story to my eBook.I wish I could find the article spelling out how one can obtain the permitsI contacted a self defence school yesterday.  They are in Subic.  I really want to get the paperwork to make it happen for me.  I wonder if one has to be a resident though.
Yes one would have to be here on some type of resident visa and be in business according to the stores I visited. 

brock
Posted
Posted

I know a British guy who lives in Cebu City who carries a gun all the time, I asked him about it, And he said he is legal and has all the proper documentation, He said , If you are a resident, Have a business and need to transport cash to the bank or where ever you need to take it, Then you can get a legal permit.Regards Brock.