Transfer Fee

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

I found this a little annoying.Used BDO and Metrobank in Cebu to transfer money to accounts with those same banks in Manila.Was charged p50 each time for doing so. Why? Because the money is going into another city, sir.Got me beat...if transferring to another bank..ie, BDO to Metrobank well maybe understandable. But within the same bank, regardless of which city? Another scam?

Edited by roy2cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I found this a little annoying.Used BDO and Metrobank in Cebu to transfer money to accounts with those same banks in Manila.Was charged p50 each time for doing so. Why? Because the money is going into another city, sir.Got me beat...if transferring to another bank..ie, BDO to Metrobank well maybe understandable. But within the same bank, regardless of which city? Another scam?
Bank fees in the Philippines can be quite annoying at times and make no sense to me most times. A few times I had to deposit money into our relatives PNB account for college, so each time they charged us p100 each for putting money into each account that was not our own, which is the first time I have ever heard of a bank charging for putting money in, so one time I brought one of the nephews with us and proceeded to put money into his account, so when the teller asked if the account was ours, I then responded no it is his and pointed to my nephew sitting on the bench, so the teller said" p100 sir," so I called the kid over and I said he is making the deposit into his account, and then the teller said "no charge sir" well at least I got them once.   :yes:
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I use BPI and BPI online services. I have been able to deposit funds. Transfer funds when I use the online service. but the accounts must be registered, perhaps if you used the BDO online(web) service that can prevent the fees.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

That's why we've been with BPI for 12 yrs now, it's our free banking system! th_thholysheep.gifas-if.gif BDO will charge you service fees for everything under the sun! SugarwareZ-034.gif