Mayor Ro

No name
Posted
Posted

About a month ago, there was a post about Mayor Jose Rodriguez of San Marcelino town, raping a 12 year old, statutory rape... I've been following the story to see what happens to a person in power that is charged with such a crime. The penalties for most would be staggering, basically life ending.Probably most notable is that the charge is a Non-bailable offence. The mayor is still free. Right now the tactics are to stall. I'm sure it will be a long time before these charges are eventually dismissed on some technicality. I've seen some pretty lame technicalities in the Philippines.As someone in this forum said to me several years ago, the authorities do what they want too to do in the Philippines.http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropinion/columns/view/20101016-298122/A-dishonorable-mayor

No name
Posted
Posted

LOL What did i do to the title....

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
About a month ago, there was a post about Mayor Jose Rodriguez of San Marcelino town, raping a 12 year old, statutory rape...  I've been following the story to see what happens to a person in power that is charged with such a crime.  The penalties for most would be staggering, basically life ending. Probably most notable is that the charge is a Non-bailable offence.  The mayor is still free.  Right now the tactics are to stall.  I'm sure it will be a long time before these charges are eventually dismissed on some technicality.  I've seen some pretty lame technicalities in the Philippines. As someone in this forum said to me several years ago, the authorities do what they want too to do in the Philippines.http://opinion.inqui...honorable-mayor
Yup justice is hard to get in a country where money and threats can get a person out of almost any crime. HERE is yet another example of someone who will get away with rape because HERE is a story showing that one victims parents were paid off. Life and lack of justice can be cheap in a country with so much poverty.
And I thought that was what you meant it to say. :541: 

Jake
Posted
Posted
About a month ago, there was a post about Mayor Jose Rodriguez of San Marcelino town, raping a 12 year old, statutory rape... I've been following the story to see what happens to a person in power that is charged with such a crime. The penalties for most would be staggering, basically life ending. Probably most notable is that the charge is a Non-bailable offence. The mayor is still free. Right now the tactics are to stall. I'm sure it will be a long time before these charges are eventually dismissed on some technicality. I've seen some pretty lame technicalities in the Philippines. As someone in this forum said to me several years ago, the authorities do what they want too to do in the Philippines.http://opinion.inqui...honorable-mayor
Yup justice is hard to get in a country where money and threats can get a person out of almost any crime. HERE is yet another example of someone who will get away with rape because HERE is a story showing that one victims parents were paid off. Life and lack of justice can be cheap in a country with so much poverty.
And I thought that was what you meant it to say. :541:
Place any bets that Honorable Mayor Rodriquez of San Marcelino will settle this out of court? To wit: pay off the mother of the victim and everybody is happy. I could remember at least two senators won their seats while still behind bars. And don't forget a formal president convicted of plunder, spent time in jail, pardoned and then became eligible to campaign again for the highest office in the Philippines.Jake

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Great title... short, catchy, intriguing... its why I read this thread.As to the news article ---- maybe the bride is the sister of the victim and "Mayor Ro" is footing the bill for the wedding... and the honeymoon... and their first house... etc.Tom in Texas