Truck loses brakes, rams into 3 persons

News Reader
Posted
Posted

Three persons, including two children, aged 7 and 9, died after a truck rammed into them in an accident on Sunday in Barangay San Rafael, this city.View the full article

Jake
Posted
Posted
Three persons, including two children, aged 7 and 9, died after a truck rammed into them in an accident on Sunday in Barangay San Rafael, this city.View the full article
It's really heart breaking that these children are killed in broad daylight due to "reckless imprudence". For my benefit, I had to look that up:Reckless imprudence consists in voluntarily, but without malice, failing to do an act from which material damage results by reason of inexcusable lack of precaution, in which the the impending damage is not immediate nor danger clearly manifested. In this case, the driver is arrested but what about the company's mechanics?Additionally, there is a term called "frustrated murder or rape". During one of my political science classes in the Philippines, it wasexplained that the perpetrator was frustrated because the crime was not completed. I guess it's the same as attempted........maybeour resident counsel can further explain.Respectfully -- Jake

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I see it all the time...no quality control on any fleet bus or truck. Yesterday, we were walking the dog and one bus comes slowly past us with smoke pouring out of the wheel axle .... I pointed it out to the dispatcher that thinks he is Spiderman, and he looks down, ignores it...and then yells for more passengers into his death trap. Then, a truck follows with the front tire half flat...nobody cares here....and people die from it. :th_thholysheep: