Nanny

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This was posted on the WTTP yahoo group,someone thought it was discriminative,anyone care to comment?Help wanted nanny/househelper prefer female 18-28 years of age. mustbe single with no children. must have valid identification that can beused at western union and or to aqurie bank account. pay is dependantupon experience and ability to speak english. position is located inlapu-lapu city. xmastree.gif

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
This was posted on the WTTP yahoo group,someone thought it was discriminative,anyone care to comment?Help wanted nanny/househelper prefer female 18-28 years of age. mustbe single with no children. must have valid identification that can beused at western union and or to aqurie bank account. pay is dependantupon experience and ability to speak english. position is located inlapu-lapu city. xmastree.gif
Has anyone seen the local job ads here? This is mild by comparison. This could have been written by any number of people who have a number of motivations. But my gut tells me it's just someone looking for an honest person who has some ability to fit into a foreigner household!

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Yes the rules here are different than the US it seems the employers and ask for any requirements. With far more appilcants than jobs they can pick and choose on any basis they like.

Steve
Posted
Posted

Doesn't look discriminative to me. I've seen lots and lots of job ads for in the Philippines. Most are similar with the age and gender requirements.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I don't think it discriminates, but I'm guessing anyone without exposure to the RP job market would think it discriminates. There's no mention of religious background, minimum height, or physical appearance so it looks OK to me. If I knew someone that fit the requirements listed, I wouldn't hesitate to encourage them to apply.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I don't think it discriminates, but I'm guessing anyone without exposure to the RP job market would think it discriminates. There's no mention of religious background, minimum height, or physical appearance so it looks OK to me. If I knew someone that fit the requirements listed, I wouldn't hesitate to encourage them to apply.
The minimum height requirements usually for factory jobs is a bit silly in my opinion for a country which people are generally short. I dont see why they cant make their factory set ups to suit the size of its people.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

Naturally it discriminates. All adds for employment should discriminate if they want to try to get what they want. The problem in the US is that the gov't has got to keep their hands in everyones plate. A private company must hire just about whoever walks in the door that can half way meet the requirements or face charges of discrimination. Take example hooters. They have faced more than one lawsuit because some gal didn't have big enough boobs. About the only way you can get away with it is to require some type skill. Age and looks alone will get you in trouble. If the PI has 100 million people out of work, why shouldn't a company hire what they like when so many to choose from. Is it fair?? Probably not, but life isn't fair. Jim