Google Chrome

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have been doing a lot of work online over the past week or so,while doing so I have been checking things in different browsers for compatibility.Anyway for those with a slow Internet connection I highly recommend Google Chrome,it in my opinion is the fastest browser now beating Firefox and opera by a long shot. I wont mention good old IE as surely no one would still be using it? biggrin.gifNo I don't have shares in google but giving a honest recommendation if you need more speed.There are many other features of this browser that you should check out too.Ok,hope that might help someone needing to get up to speed.You have not been charged for this service,lolemostrongbow.gif

Travis
Posted
Posted
I have been doing a lot of work online over the past week or so,while doing so I have been checking things in different browsers for compatibility.Anyway for those with a slow Internet connection I highly recommend Google Chrome,it in my opinion is the fastest browser now beating Firefox and opera by a long shot. I wont mention good old IE as surely no one would still be using it? biggrin.gifNo I don't have shares in google but giving a honest recommendation if you need more speed.There are many other features of this browser that you should check out too.Ok,hope that might help someone needing to get up to speed.You have not been charged for this service,lolemostrongbow.gif
th_fluch.gif believe it or not I still use IE8 coz I am a computer dummy :th_interesting:

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
... I highly recommend Google Chrome,it in my opinion is the fastest browser now beating Firefox and opera by a long shot. I wont mention good old IE as surely no one would still be using it? biggrin.gif
Second that -- I've been using Chrome for about 6 months now and love it. I never open IE anymore and I am thinking of removing it.With Chrome... I can have this Forum and five or six other sites (email, CNN, MSN, etc.,) open at same time... and easily pop in and out of the Forum as I please.It is also terrific for exploring links within a specific thread without losing your place in the thread... the new link just opens in a new pane under a new tab... when finished with the rabbit trail, just click the Forum tab and your right where you started.iPhone and Chrome were made for the techtarded such as myself. cheers.gifTom in Texas

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I've been a long time user of Firefox and never had any issues! Been playing around with Google Chrome while on vacation and I like the features that it has, it takes awhile getting used to it, but I'll probably end up with Google Chrome eventually as my default browser when I get the hang it!

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
I've been a long time user of Firefox and never had any issues! Been playing around with Google Chrome while on vacation and I like the features that it has, it takes awhile getting used to it, but I'll probably end up with Google Chrome eventually as my default browser when I get the hang it!
Hello Art,Hope you are having a lot of great experiences on the enjoying the vacation and have a smooth flight home. The tabs and icons on Chrome really make it easy to surf several sites at once... also, the history feature (if you don't erase it every daySugarwareZ-004.gif) makes it very easy to find a specific page, thread, etc., that you looked at weeks ago.You and your wife stay safe, my friend.Tom in Texas

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Hi Tom,Good to hear from you and the great tid bit of info on Google Chrome! Yeah, looks like a good organized and fast browser, I tried Google Chrome when it first came out and didn't like, but now I'll give it another try and I just might like it as my default browser once I get the hang of it! Yeah, it's nice to be back with family again! All our of nieces and nephews surely has grown up. We all just came from my nephew's flag football match, ouch, they lost 20 to zip! OH well, win some, lose some! And we took the whole gang, my wife, my brother, his wife, their daughter, son-in-law, an another uncle and their 3 kids out to an authentic Japanese restaurant! Of course, it was my treat to splurge on them for once from their long lost Uncle & Aunt from the Philippines! We all had a good time and happily stuffed! Art

MikeB
Posted
Posted

For just surfing, Google Chrome is much faster (a lot less overhead) then IE but there are some apps like SharePoint that don't like it. Tried modifying and saving a spreadsheet in SharePoint and says it does but doesn't. Not just MS, I noticed it in other work applications also.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

:23_11_62[1]: I've been tinkering with this Google Chrome and it's sort of complicated as I once tried when it first came out and it's still complicated to me! But I guess like anything else, the more one uses it, the more one gets used it, but it's not as easy as like riding a bike! :whistling:th_fluch.gif 3_8_14[1].gif:mocking:

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
For just surfing, Google Chrome is much faster (a lot less overhead) then IE but there are some apps like SharePoint that don't like it. Tried modifying and saving a spreadsheet in SharePoint and says it does but doesn't. Not just MS, I noticed it in other work applications also.
About the only problem I've had is that some Flash application won't run on it... but I can switch over to IE and run it just fine. Probably a simple fix, but not for the dumb at heart like myself.Tom in Texas

• 3 weeks later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I've been using the Google Chrome browser for about a couple of months and I finally made it my default browser since I like it better than IE or Firefox! Works great now that I got the hang of it! Love the tabs you can lock in the overhead tool bar for ease of going to the web page of your choice! And the google/ig home page is great too, you can add or change themes and gadgets from hundreds and thousands of selections! Best of all, Google Chrome is fast! Yes, I'm sold on the Google Chrome web browser! Just takes patience to figure out the features, but I still have a long way to go to use all the application features that it has! WAY TO GO GOOGLE! Just hope it doesn't crashes and wipe out all of my settings! Anyway, I have all of my menus and favorite bookmarks exported to my flash drive for just in case my PC craps out!