Brock Lesnar Loses Ufc Heavyweight Belt

Inspector
Posted
Posted
The steroids did not work this timehahaha...I picked this one before they even announced it. Brock has NO STANDUP...NONE. People get too geared up with his size, especially all the WWE fanboys...and while that is the main draw, and fools a lot of people as in size only matters ...ALL the professional fighters picked Velasquez, who is an amazingly skilled MMA fighter, with a wrestling background that still works, as in...endurance WITH skill. All he needed to do was escape once early, as he easily did being a decorated wrestler himself, and the fight was then over. All Brock has his leaning his huge muscular body on you and that's about it...Brock is TOO muscular...and with no stand up, he will gas or get punched out. Tonight, both happened. But bleeding and cut deeply with a blond beard and viking face sure makes for nice TV. salute.gif1999_NCAAs_Brock_Lesnar_jpg.jpgThis is when Brock was the actual close to baddest man on the planet, division one collegiate heavyweight wrestling champion...and if he took the road Cain Velasquez did after his decorated wrestling career at ASU, by learning to strike, grapple, submit and land some kicks instead of taking some big paydays with the fake wrestling circuit by gaining 100 pounds of bodybuilding bulk caused by steroids, he could actually be more then a freak show.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
2nkigc9jpg.gif

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I can't say that I predicted it, since I gave Brock a good chance to overwhelm Cain as he does to almost everyone, but I knew that if Cain was going to win he would win exactly like this.... almost. The one thing I did not predict was Cain TAKING BROCK DOWN! I knew that his wrestling pedigree would be good for sprawling and avoiding the take down, but I never thought he'd have a chance to take Brock down. I also never thought about him getting back up so easily if Brock got him down. To be fair, Brock's stand up is pretty horrible, but was a lot better than in the past. He's still improving. It just seemed as though Brock doesn't train to be on his back, getting taken down, getting rocked and in trouble. He trains as he thinks the fight will go anyways, with him on top. When he's on the bottom, he's a lost puppy. We saw it against Carwin - as well as his bad hands - and we've seen it against Cain. Cain, on the other hand, absolutely prepared for every bad situation possible. He stuffed one or two take downs right off the bat, and when down, pushed off Brock's head, and pushed with his feet to get right back up. Now, people are going to think that Cain's unbeatable because he did the impossible and beat Brock, but the reality is STILL that styles make fights. Dos Santos has a good chance to KO Cain, as does Carwin. Cain would still be the favorite in both fights, but it's all about styles, and someone with better hands than Brock could be a harder fight for him than Brock was. Anyways.... awesome fight, and Brock did his best, even attempting a flying knee. He'll be back...... or will he?http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/10/24/1771008/wwe-and-undertaker-insert-themselves-into-story-of-lesnars-ufc-title

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
2nkigc9jpg.gif
LOL... nice one

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I can't say that I predicted it, since I gave Brock a good chance to overwhelm Cain as he does to almost everyone, but I knew that if Cain was going to win he would win exactly like this.... almost. The one thing I did not predict was Cain TAKING BROCK DOWN! I knew that his wrestling pedigree would be good for sprawling and avoiding the take down, but I never thought he'd have a chance to take Brock down. I also never thought about him getting back up so easily if Brock got him down. To be fair, Brock's stand up is pretty horrible, but was a lot better than in the past. He's still improving. It just seemed as though Brock doesn't train to be on his back, getting taken down, getting rocked and in trouble. He trains as he thinks the fight will go anyways, with him on top. When he's on the bottom, he's a lost puppy. We saw it against Carwin - as well as his bad hands - and we've seen it against Cain. Cain, on the other hand, absolutely prepared for every bad situation possible. He stuffed one or two take downs right off the bat, and when down, pushed off Brock's head, and pushed with his feet to get right back up. Now, people are going to think that Cain's unbeatable because he did the impossible and beat Brock, but the reality is STILL that styles make fights. Dos Santos has a good chance to KO Cain, as does Carwin. Cain would still be the favorite in both fights, but it's all about styles, and someone with better hands than Brock could be a harder fight for him than Brock was. Anyways.... awesome fight, and Brock did his best, even attempting a flying knee. He'll be back...... or will he?http://www.bloodyelb...snars-ufc-title
Great post!Yep...seen that entire video in the sport forum I post on, and it looked VERY staged, in WWE soap opera style. IMHO, Brock is now too old to learn standup, and as you made mention...he does not have a clue after having his bell rung. What's the old saying?...all plans go out the window once you get punched in the face? Hahaha! Well, his plan was to unload early, and say what you want about Brock, the guy can move like a cat for a near 300 pounder. Who knows, in a rematch he tries to keep it up a while and learn a few leg kicks...but I just don't see his skill level increasing enough to ever take out Cain. Dos Santos vs Cain will be another good fight, and being these guys are a bit smaller, it entertains the possibility of a light heavyweight now entering the scene. :23_11_62[1]: