Australian Nabbed For Working Sans Permit

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I highlighted the part that I find very telling. So in other words we are all on borrowed time and at the whim of the govt. What do you all think of that statement? I guess we know where we all stand.    :23_11_62[1]: An Australian mining executive is facing deportation after he was arrested by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) for engaging in business without a work visa and permit.Drazen Jovica is currently detained at the immigration jail in Camp Bagong Diwa, Taguig City after his arrest at his home in Tubay, Agusan del Norte last Oct. 16.   :lol:   In a Sept. 20 decision, the BI Board of Commissioners ordered his deportation, saying “the entry or stay of an alien in the Philippines is merely a privilege and matter of grace; such privilege is neither absolute nor permanent and may be revoked.”According to the BI, Jovica was reportedly the chairman of the board of Austra-Asia Ore Corp., a mining firm operating in Mindanao.The BI said Jovica allegedly represented himself as president of the firm in an agreement he signed with another company.The BI said Jovica is an accredited dealer and trader of mineral products in the country, according to a certification issued by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.Under the Immigration Act, foreigners are prohibited from engaging in gainful activity in the country without a working visa issued by the BI. They also need a work permit from the Department of Labor and Employment.The story HERE

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Nothing wrong with what he said, IMO. That's the way it is.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I wish they would deport me.....:23_11_62[1]: