Surfing In Philippines

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Hey, just wondering if any of you guys enjoy surfing whether in the Philippines or somewhere else? I went for the first two times in the PI last January, and hope to get more into it after moving there full time. My first trip was to Borongan, Samar, and the second was to San Juan, Zambales (I think!). Any tips would be great, as I'm just a beginner.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

All the time...this is actually me taming a big fellow. SugarwareZ-065.gif:lol:I went once when I first got to Pearl Harbor, and a few of us took off to the north shore to check it out. Realize now, I was BODY surfing...and the waves were HUGE, oh...and we were drinking.Anyway...I ended up feeling like a sock in a washing machine...swallowed sand, thought I was going to die, and smashed my head on what I thought was a great white shark, but ended up being one of my buddies, who actually did bite me ...or at least I thought he did as I was bleeding a lot from my arm. To this day, I would never go body surfing there again...and I am, or was, a lifeguard and actually taught swimming lessons. Motto....do NOT go to the north shore of Oahu to surf with a hungry drunk friend that has big teeth, and waves big enough to destroy New York City. :photo-109: